• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 31 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 31st Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Starwood Gold?

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
And lots of other ways to get gold.

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
Get an SPG Platinum Amex card (annual fee $65) and spend $30M per calendar year.

Get a Platinum AMEX (annual fee $450?) and SPG gold status is comped.

Henry M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm from the technical world, and M usually means million, k thousands. Even in high school, my children learned about various prefixes for numbers (kilo, mega, giga, etc).

I've rarely run into M for 1,000. I've seen it, but only a couple of times. While studying for my MBA, I didn't see M or MM used much. In this case, context helped me understand. Ín my company, reports spell it out - "$ in thousands", or "in millions of $".

I guess what is common depends on the circles you live in.

Henry

hypnotiq

TUG Member
Reaction score
The only people Ive found to use M and MM are people who work in finance, and even then its few and far between. :)

lorenmd

TUG Member
Reaction score
on the subject of spg status. if i am spg platinum, and i traded into wkorv through II and the II account is in my husband's name and the spg platinum is in my name, should i call wkorv and give them my platinum number before i check in or does it matter not. thanks

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
on the subject of spg status. if i am spg platinum, and i traded into wkorv through II and the II account is in my husband's name and the spg platinum is in my name, should i call wkorv and give them my platinum number before i check in or does it matter not. thanks

It matters not. However, when you check in, give them your number so you get points for anything you spend while at the resort.

megan_rose5

Banned
Reaction score
No doubt

Me and my family has been there last summer last year and our vacation is a blast!

YYJMSP

TUG Member
Reaction score
thanks. and i suppose i don't get stay credits do I

Nope.

You only get SPG stay/night credits if you book a room by the night using StarPoints (hotel currency), cash directly through Starwood hotels channels, or some combination thereof.

This rules out any booking based on home resort, StarOptions (timeshare currency), directly/indirectly through an owner, through a non-Starwood hotels channel, or external exchange.