• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Starwood Amex Double Points?

TomH

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to clarify exactly which purchases earn double starpoints. I am trying to decide how to proceed with a developer purchase. Which of the following purchases get double starpoints:
-Developer timeshare purchase
-payment of starwood loan from timeshare purchase
-maintenence fee payments

Thanks again Starwood experts!

Tom

tlpnet

TUG Member
Reaction score
I can't speak to the loan payments, but developer purchase and maintenance fees definitely earned me double points with the Starwood Amex.

-tim

TomH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks Tim,

Anyone know regarding loan starwood loan payments?
Also, do SPG golds get 3x on starwood purchases?

Tom

pointsjunkie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Tim,

Anyone know regarding loan starwood loan payments?
Also, do SPG golds get 3x on starwood purchases?

Tom

3x is only when you pay for an actual starwood hotel stay. but if you use your starwood amex card to pay for that paid stay then you will get an additional 2 starpoints per $. so then it comes to 5 starpoints per dollar.

as an owner you will also be entitiled to starpoints if you happen to go to a restaurant that is connected to the hotel and you are NOT staying there. just ask the desk to fill out a starwood form . i don't always trust that so i keep my receipt and fax it over to starwood.

on the loan--- if the loan allows you to pay with your amex card then you will get double starpoints for your monthly payments.

or go on-line to amex and have your loan paid for on a monthly basis through amex and then you will get double starpoints.

tlpnet

TUG Member
Reaction score
Because HRA is Starwood-managed as opposed to owned, do the charges billed to your room earn 2X StarPoints with the Starwood Amex like the other SVO properties, or does that affiliation not exist?

Thanks!
-tim

BradC

Reaction score
Because HRA is Starwood-managed as opposed to owned, do the charges billed to your room earn 2X StarPoints with the Starwood Amex like the other SVO properties, or does that affiliation not exist?
From my recollection, I did NOT get double starpoints for the charges to my Harborside room (paid with my Starwood Amex) when I stayed there earlier this year.

califgal

Reaction score
From my recollection, I did NOT get double starpoints for the charges to my Harborside room (paid with my Starwood Amex) when I stayed there earlier this year.
November 12, 2008 12:01 PM

That's right, Harborside does not give double starpoints for anything, Atlantis would never allow it.