• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Start spreadin' the news... we're leavin' today...

Kevin

TUG Member
Reaction score
... we're gonna be a part of it

... New York, New York!
:whoopie:

After almost a year of research and planning, it's finally here! We leave for the Manhattan Club tonight!

We'll spend most of our time in Manhattan, eating and shopping, with a trip or two to Brooklyn... Grimaldi's and a trip to the Boogie Down ;) Bronx... to see the Yankees. We haven't decided on Coney Island though. A week just isn't enough! There's always another t/s week around the corner though! :D

We can't wait for our first subway ride tomorrow morning and the Yankees game on Sunday! I will be sure to give you feedback upon our return.

Thank you to all who have advised us on our trip.

Kevin

gmarine

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
You cant wait for a subway ride? Oh boy are you in for a surprise. ;)

Dani

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Kevin,

Have a great time!!! I can almost hear the excitement in your post. You will absolutely love NYC!!! Enjoy!!

susieq

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bay Voyage, Jamestown, RI
Kevin,

Have a great time!! Takes so long to plan, then it's over too quick!! It's a labor of love though, and the best laid plans ...... Enjoy yourselves!! :whoopie:

Sue

marybeach

TUG Member
Reaction score
Have a great time, Kevin. I'll look forward to your posts. I'll be there in a couple of weeks, so I'll really be interested in what you have to say.

Kevin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Dani said:
Kevin,

Have a great time!!! I can almost hear the excitement in your post. You will absolutely love NYC!!! Enjoy!!

Thank you everyone for the well wishes!

Finished packing the last item... a bottle of Dom Perignon!:)
Well actually the last item is this laptop!

Dani... a special thanks for your contibutions! Talk to you all soon!

Kevin

KCI

TUG Member
Reaction score
What kind of a trade does it take to get a week at the Manhattan club through II? Any week of the year would be okay, just wondering?

Dani

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I've NEVER heard of anyone get a trade into the Manhattan Club through II. Maybe I missed it. Most people get into the Manhattan CLub through RCI. I think that II only trades the newest high-end MC units which may be why they are hard to obtain.

Avery

TUG Member
Reaction score
SFX also gets members into the Manhattan Club. II is supposed to have access to the new penthouse suites, but for what those new owners are paying, I doubt many will be deposited for exchange...

Kevin

TUG Member
Reaction score
We're back! What a city!

For anyone interested, I will post a trip report after I recover! :)

Gotta get some rest. :zzz:

Kevin

marybeach

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hope you had a great time. I'm looking forward to hearing all about it!!

Dani

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Kevin,

If and when you get the chance, I would love to hear your impressions of NYC.

taffy19

Reaction score
Kevin said:
We're back! What a city!

For anyone interested, I will post a trip report after I recover! :)

Gotta get some rest. :zzz:

Kevin
Are you going to tell us what your best experience was in NYC? I was trying to figure out where you are from. What does the OC stand for?

Kevin

TUG Member
Reaction score
iconnections said:
Are you going to tell us what your best experience was in NYC? I was trying to figure out where you are from. What does the OC stand for?

I am in Orange County.. Cypress (near Disneyland) to be exact. I promise to post a report when I return from Monterey on Monday.

Let's just say my favorite activity was probably eating pizza ( John's on Bleeker, Grimaldi's - Brooklyn and Patsy's - Harlem), shopping at C21 and Canal St. riding the subway and eating pizza!
The pizza and cheesecake have NO PEER! :clap:

Let me just say that NYC is much more than what we experienced but our short time there was the best! I wish we had more time. I LOVE L.A., which is where my roots are but NY is great also! I can't put into words how I "overwhelmingly" different... in a very good way... the Big Apple is!I will post more next week. Thanks for asking!

Good night! :zzz:

Kevin

Last edited:

taffy19

Reaction score
So you can hear and see Disneyland too every night? So can we. We are neighbors! :) Someone on TUG asked to have a get together for OC people or the ones close to it. It's up to how far people want to drive to meet each other but nobody has replied. Goodnight as you are on EST!

susieq

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bay Voyage, Jamestown, RI
Is it Orange County ~~ LA area ~~ correct?? :)

taffy19

Reaction score
Orange County and Los Angeles County border each other and yes, it is close to the city of Los Angeles. :)

EileenSRN

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just returned from the National School Nurses Conference in NYC. Since I was B7R on LI, I got to play tour guide for several Western NY nurses who had never been to Manhattan. Sounds like you, Kevin and family, have vote the same way they did! Pizza in Times Square and Junior's cheesecake! Used to be the Stage Deli or Lindy's for cheesecake, but Junior's was great! Street festival in Little Italy (Canal & Mulberry) was beyond words. Who would have thought you could get a dinner in Manhattan for $10?????. Although I've been back for "pass through's", it's been years since I spent full days in the City. I was overwhelmed by the changes - the streets are CLEAN. The subways don't smell. People make eye contact, smile, give up their seat on the subway. It was so wonderful to be able to show off this wonderful side of the greatest city in the world! Since we only had a few hours in the evenings, and 1/2 day on Sat, it was hard to choose what to do. A classmate of my daughter's owns Tantissimo, http://www.eat-tantissimo.com/,a very reasonably priced, cozy, eatery on the Upper East Side. The servings are hugh and the breads out of this world. Franco learned his trade in native Tuscany, and Melanie, his wife is my daughter's friend. If you go, tell 'em Bridget sent you! It was very easy to order tickets on-line for the Statue of Liberty, which guareenteed an inside tour. Ellis Island was sobering, Southsreet Seaport disappointing (for us old ladies- 50+), but Little Italy and the vendors beyond words! My Hubby and I will be in Atlantic City for a week soon. I'm tempted to scoot into the city agin, it was so great.
Sorry for the long post. Kevin, I can't wait to hear all your stories!
Eileen