• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Start and end of trip

LAX Mom

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We were there a year ago and drove past Hana to the National Park. At that time you couldn't drive much beyond there.

We drove past Kapalua for about an hour, but didn't complete the circle tour. The road narrows and twists & turns. It was very scenic, but I'm not sure I'd make the trip with a baby. If he/she gets fussy during the trip it could be very stressful. But if the baby has adjusted to the new environment and likes car rides, it is a beautiful drive.

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
I wouldn't do the ride to Hana with a baby. It takes nearly an hour just to get there!

Are you sure the shuttle doesn't allow strollers? I'm fairly certain I saw people bringing strollers on board. Certainly they brought shopping bags.

FlyKaesan

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't do the ride to Hana with a baby. It takes nearly an hour just to get there!

Are you sure the shuttle doesn't allow strollers? I'm fairly certain I saw people bringing strollers on board. Certainly they brought shopping bags.

I think some owners complained so they said no strollers.
We might try to do the Hana trip tomorrow. I think my baby would be ok but I think she will complain coming back from Hana. Maybe we will make frequent stops.
What is the island that is in the front of WKORV?

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
I think some owners complained so they said no strollers.
We might try to do the Hana trip tomorrow. I think my baby would be ok but I think she will complain coming back from Hana. Maybe we will make frequent stops.
What is the island that is in the front of WKORV?

Lanai. To your right is Molokai.

jlr10

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is the picnic with Sugar train worth $25/person?

We took the sugar cane train with my son, who was an avid train buff, when he was nine. His comment "What a waste of time and money!" The ride was slow and boring, and they kept trying to sell us things-photos, leis, coconut milk, etc. We did see a pretty sunset from the train, but we could have seen the same thing for free from our lanai.

Fletcher921

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Mission Hills, CA;
Los Abrigados, AZ;
The Whaler, HI;
Playa Del Sol Costa Sur, MX;
Westgate Park City, UT
Start and end with a Mai Tai at Sonz in The Hyatt in Kaanapali

LAX Mom

TUG Member
Reaction score
Time is going so fast here at Maui. I wish it would go little bit slower.

From my experience, it's never long enough!!
When do you head for Oahu? How's the weather been on Maui?

FlyKaesan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Weather has been decent.
Morning, it's sunny and cloudy. Afternoon is more cloudy.
It rained yesterday but it was alright.

FlyKaesan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Drive to Hana was great. Baby was tired little bit and was cranky comming back but she liked all the hike.
I think it was little more dried up than I expected.
There was sign at the National park not to continue the loop, so we turned back and drove back.
Driving back was better than driving towards the Park.
There are many single lanes but it wasn't as bad as the other loop.

FlyKaesan

TUG Member
Reaction score

The small ones that goes into the storage space above is allowed. The big ones, I think they disallowed.