• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Standard Retrade vs ePlus

JustKeepBreathing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did something change at II regarding eplus? I used to be able at add eplus at the time of making a reservation or sometime after making the reservation. (I don't recall the exact timing), but now I don't see the option to Add Eplus at all once a reservation is confirmed, only to Start Retrade, which charges me the standard retrade fee?

Is that accurate? How many days do I have after making a reservation to add eplus now? Do I have to add it at the same time or lose the option? If I do a standard retrade and pay the fee again can I add eplus then?

Chrispee

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I believe you only have 5 days to add eplus after the exchange is confirmed.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Correct it is 5 days after confirmation - from II FAQ
When can I purchase E-Plus?
E-Plus can be purchased when an exchange request is initially placed and continuing up to five days after your exchange has been confirmed as long as the purchase is prior to the check-in date of the originally confirmed resort accommodations.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
What is E-Plus?

George

It is a feature of II exchanges. For an extra $59 you can retrade your exchange up to 3 times. I always buy it. Sometimes it never gets used, but sometimes I see a completely different vacation available that I would have preferred and I make the change, but mostly I use it to upgrade into last minute larger units at the same resort.

Chrispee

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I use it as cheap travel insurance and with the hopes of finding a size/view category upgrade. There have been rare occasions when I get an exchange close to the travel date that is the best possible unit and I don’t add eplus, but that’s a rare scenario for me.