• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

St John is Available

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Great info for those looking.

I would think that WSJ availability would increase over the next few yaers as WSJ-BV opens and is still not sold out.

islandguy

Reaction score
Thanks

2BR Sep 13-20
3BR Aug 28-Sep 4
3BR Sep 4-11
3BR Sep 11-18

Thank you for posting the dates. I took the 3BDR Sep 4-11. Took 104,100 pts. They put in my request for a unit with a pool (the old units). I've stayed in the Virgin Grand pool units before and it was a great week.

They are not making reservations for Virgin Grand or Bay Vista just for St. John. It is then up St. John to sort out which one you are staying in. I find that as odd since owners buy in a specific section.

I've gone to USVI this week in the past couple of years and hurricanes don't bother me. So this year I'm going to St. John in Apr and in Sep.

Thanks again for the heads up.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
These are SVN exchanges - so I do not think it matters what Owners own. It is strange that you cannot request one over the other since they are considered seperate resorts.

I would assume that these are WSJ available units in SVN (at 8-months) and usage/availability will be based on SOs used in the SVN exchange. Therefore, you could end up in a 2Bd/3Bd VG or BV unit and use the SOs associated with them.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Thank you for posting the dates. I took the 3BDR Sep 4-11. Took 104,100 pts.

Congratulations! Just to clarify, was this a Starpoints reservation or a Staroptions reservation?

Captron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVRx3 SBP Worldmark
I guess since we are due with our third the last week of August she wouldn't appreciate me taking one of these weeks???? :rolleyes: Wadda ya think? :shrug:

gravitar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for posting the dates. I took the 3BDR Sep 4-11. Took 104,100 pts. They put in my request for a unit with a pool (the old units). I've stayed in the Virgin Grand pool units before and it was a great week..

My time stamps earlier than yours! :cheer:

Seriously, I have no idea what's better. The new or old. Have they refurbished the 3BR w/pool?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)

islandguy

Reaction score
Thanks, but I was asking islandguy who posted, "points." ;)

It was 104,100 Star Options -- 2008 it was only 81,000 Star Options. It surprised me about the increase even tho I own there and I got a letter about the point increase.

Westin5Star

TUG Member
Reaction score
I guess since we are due with our third the last week of August she wouldn't appreciate me taking one of these weeks???? :rolleyes: Wadda ya think? :shrug:

They haven't built the 4 BR yet. Congratulations on the third!