• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Spacebanking 2 years out

Walt

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Madge

I believe that it has been said that maximum trade power of your spacebanked week is at 1 year out. There is no benefit to spacebank 2 years out as far as trade value being increased.

I think that RCI should look at this policy.

I have been receiving Emails about spacebanking more weeks with RCI. I have been asked by VC to spacebank additional weeks. What is in it for me? Nothing.

My 2006 vacation plans are complete. I am working on 2007. I also have 3 spacebanked weeks with RCI now. I will be waiting until you are able to give me trades in 2007 before I spacebank additional weeks. I have a full year before I need to spacebank additional weeks without losing trade value. So why would I want to spacebank 2 years out?

I sure there are others that are holding weeks for the same reason. RCI needs to give us a reason not to hold these weeks. If you do everyone wins, including RCI with more spacebank weeks.

Walt :)

Last edited:

Madge

TUG Member
Reaction score
Walt,

Many floating owners do not have the option to deposit more than one year in advance. Our system was set to be fair to those members while still encouraging early depositing.

Keitht

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Sorry Madge, but the basic question of what advantage is there to the member in depositing more than a year ahead has not been answered. Is there any increase in trading power by depositing 2 years ahead?

quiltergal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Interesting

When I reserved my 2006 at Eagle Crest I asked about being able to reserve more than a year in advance. They told me RCI had been pestering them to allow their owners to reserve two years in advance. So far the resort has held firm at a year in advance. I wonder if perhaps that's why it is such a great trader....fewer weeks in the deposit pool, and high demand. Hmm :cool:

wauhob3

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
quiltergal said:
When I reserved my 2006 at Eagle Crest I asked about being able to reserve more than a year in advance. They told me RCI had been pestering them to allow their owners to reserve two years in advance. So far the resort has held firm at a year in advance. I wonder if perhaps that's why it is such a great trader....fewer weeks in the deposit pool, and high demand. Hmm :cool:

One advantage is you can put your request in earlier. I already have my summer 2007 booked.

Madge

TUG Member
Reaction score
Keitht said:
Sorry Madge, but the basic question of what advantage is there to the member in depositing more than a year ahead has not been answered. Is there any increase in trading power by depositing 2 years ahead?
Keitht,

Walt's post assumed that there was no Trading Power advantage in depositing more than one year in advance, and that is correct. As Wauhob3 points out, if you have no other deposits available to search, then depositing 2 years in advance gives you the chance to start searching that far in advance. There is space in our system that early.