• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Southwest reservation schedule - next opening??

BarCol

TUG Member
Reaction score
I know this comes up frequesntly, but can't find the threads. The current SW schedule is open to March 6 and I think it opened in late August - maybe Aug 26th. Any quesses on when the next one be released?? I'm kind of thinking November 26th as I'm looking for flights in mid May 2009

happybaby

TUG Member
Reaction score
Last time I talked to a SW rep, she told me Nov 6 but I forget til when. Maybe until May sometime

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
You can always find the latest info on the schedule extension at the top of the Southwest "Travel Tools" page, which you can get to from one of the tabs at Southwest's home page. The current statement:
We are currently accepting air reservations through March 6, 2009. On November 6, we plan to open the schedule for purchase through May 8, 2009. This date is subject to change. Please check back frequently.
You can expect the extension with mid-May flights to be released in about January.

Floridaski

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt
What time are is posted

Does anyone know about what time on Nov 6th the Southwest schedule is loaded?

Is it midnight at Nov 5th or is it just loaded at any random time. I am hoping that someone has seen some sort of pattern in the times that the schdules are loaded.

The lower cost tickets sell out so quickly!

Thanks

BarCol

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks all - guess I'll be waiting for a while..:)

Floridaski

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt
11 AM in the morning

Just to double check, I cannot afford to mess this up - you mean 11 AM in the morning and it will of course be Daylight Savings Time on Nov 6th.

I need to purchase our tickets for our spring break trip to Colorado. I could not get FF tickets at a 25,000 point level. So, now I am counting on Southwest to have decent fares. They have never let me down, I hate not having the tickets already in my hand!

Thanks for the clarification.

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
That's correct: 11:00 a.m. The extended schedule usually comes on line sometime between 11:02 and 11:15. In June, the extension came online at 11:14. (See post #4 at the link.)

Last edited: