• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sorry if repeated! presentation on purchasing points presentation!

nanceetom

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry, if I missed something from previous posts, but need to get clarification! We enrolled last year with 3 legacy properties in the 8000 range. Up to now, we have not used points just the 800 when we enrolled. At yesterday's presentation, we were told that if we purchase the minimum 1500 trust points then we would have a full circle of all the DP benefits. As our legacy points would not be part of the total legacy and trust bucket and we would have an advantage over just pure legacy owners. I know I've read conflicting comments on this and trust people on TUG who have answers!!! Is there something new that I'm missing. We will be retired around June 2013 and will have more flexibility in traveling. Is there an advantage to purchasing the minimun trust points to add to our legacy points?

jimf41

TUG Member
Reaction score
At yesterday's presentation, we were told that if we purchase the minimum 1500 trust points then we would have a full circle of all the DP benefits.

True, as far as it goes. Without trust points you are not able to reserve trust properties that are not deposited in the DC exchange pool. Buying 1500 trust points won't get you much in the trust pool either. The flip side of that coin is that trust points can't access legacy weeks that aren't deposited in the DC exchange pool.

As our legacy points would not be part of the total legacy and trust bucket and we would have an advantage over just pure legacy owners.

The first part is true for the reason mentioned above. The second part about having an advantage is true but the advantage would be miniscule. Let's say you want to go to resort X for one week Saturday checkin. Resort X is available to Legacy or Trust points every day but Wednesday. Wednesday is available but it's in the trust and hasn't been deposited in the DC exchange pool yet. In that narrow framework you could use your trust points to get Wednesday and your legacy points for the rest of the week. Is it an advantage to have trust points in that situation? Sure, but you could just call back again next week to see if Wednesday has been deposited in the DC exchange pool or you could waitlist. What you have to decide is, is it worth it to spend $15000+ to get that narrow advantage. It isn't to me but everybody's situation is different.

I know I've read conflicting comments on this and trust people on TUG who have answers!!! Is there something new that I'm missing. We will be retired around June 2013 and will have more flexibility in traveling. Is there an advantage to purchasing the minimun trust points to add to our legacy points?

For me the fact that you can't sell these trust points on the open market is a show stopper.

Congratulations on your upcoming retirement. I've been at it for two and a half years now and it's great.

Last edited:

puckmanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
good afternoon...
The only advantage is that you have 1500 more points to vacation with... The 1500 points DO NOT morphe your legacy points into anything more than they already are!!!

You will have 8000 Legacy points and 1500 trust points, Nothing more, nothing less!!!

I believe that both points are functionally the same anyway. This is why they are telling you that Trust points morphe Legacy points into Trust points. Since they are functionally similiar, you will never know the difference