• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Soooo tired of sign stealing and other election rudeness

pjrose

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
DD and I volunteer for one of the campaigns. The other day we were both wearing our candidate's t-shirts and buttons, and she had to go to the ER (she is ok) - normally we don't go around as walking billboards, but when you have to go to the ER you don't stop to change. So..... The t-shirt and buttons were quite the conversation starter!

One person looked at me and said, "so you support ***?" I smiled and agreed. She seemed amazed to be talking to a real live *** supporter (like I was a Martian) as her views are completely opposite . We actually had a friendly conversation and found some common ground. I did find myself redirecting the conversation a bit, as I wasn't interested in a debate or argument in the ER. It was informative for me to learn more about how ***'s opposition thinks.

Another coveted one of my buttons, so I gave it away. Still a third hesitantly brought up some points about both major candidates. This person seemed kind of afraid to speak up, even though I think s/he supported the *** on my t-shirt.

Meanwhile, with my car in the parking lot overnight I did decide to remove the bigger clings/signs on the car. I'd prefer not to get my car keyed.

Last edited:

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Bipartisan Amity.

As the late Arizona congressman Mo Udall -- author of Too Funny To Be President -- used to say . . .

When Election Day is over,
Let all the bitterness pass.
I will hug your Elephant,
And you can kiss my Donkey.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

pranas

TUG Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, this is a problem even at the local level. While some are stolen by oponents, some of the stealing of signs and vandalism is done by kids just for the sake of their so called fun. A lot of my signs were stolen and they were put up legally. The police usually don't want to get involved and blame it on kids. Costs the candidates a lot of money. But some supporters do go out of their way to stick signs up in places where they should not be put. Once a complaint is made the campaign will send someone out to take care of the problem otherwise they can be fined. Same is true for keeping signs up after the election. Most communities have laws against it. All you have to is file a complaint. The problem is most of us don't want to file a complaint because it seems like such :banana: :banana: a minor issue.

pjrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Check the link I posted above:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081030/..._shocking_sign

about someone wiring his sign into his pet fence and also having a motion detected video camera.

Also these:

http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/story/857491.html#recent_comm

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/?rn=3906861&cl=10249050&ch=4226716&src=news

There was a video about a man who set up video surveillance, and built a 250 lb wood frame for his signs, then thieves set up explosives to burn it, and he also built a metal frame/stand and put axle grease on it; I can't find the video anymore.

Sad that so many people - adults as well as kids - are so disrespectful.:(