• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sol Mellia Hotel Chain

rsonc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Allegro, Melia, VI Resorts
I am in the process of purchasing a unit with the old club melia, my contract is for a 2 bedroom in Cozumel which only had a $50 transfer fee. I think it was called the

I was told that my membership would allow me to go to the Paradisus Punta Cana for a $20.00 exchange fee and it is an optional all inclusive resorts (but I dont think you can order food or drinks if you dont purchase it but I am not sure).

I am hoping they are correct since we want to use our unit for next year in Punta cana.

Hopefully someone owns there and can answer your questions for sure.

TIA
Susan

Javier320

Reaction score
I can t eliminated this message because its duplicated

Last edited:

Javier320

Reaction score
Sol Melia Vacation Club

Thank you teammjd.

Could be an interesting thing to contact a member of the Melia´s staff and can read what really happens because I still trying to have an answer.

I´m paying exactly 752 $ each year for a master suite al Palma Real and additional 600 $ each year to the network, that means paying almost 1300 $ each year before entrying to the ressort.

I´m sure that I´m not paying below the right price for the service.

I´m very happy with the ressort but no with the system.

They are still promising the top to the new members because I talked with them at Palma Real last october. And is the same. Lack of basic information.

If we share the lounge with Family Concierge is not because we are less. And talking about this point, I remember that the sallesman from SMVC told me that we would have walki talkis also...pure fantasy...nothing.

And complaining about small details, yes, but these small things gives sense to your status, because I paid for that.

I´m talking about things that not represents an amount of money, I´m talking about dignity.

I must arrive to the Lounge of SMVC without hidding my person from the Family Concierge customers because Vacation Club let us to a lower status. I repeat, we are talking about respect and dignity, things that I´ve paid for.

From Spain.

Javier.

Last edited:

abdibile

TUG Member
Reaction score
Zes, zou should be able to exchange for $20 into Paradisus Punta Cana, but not into Paradisus Palma Real (which is a waz better resort).

But paradisus Punta Cana is also good, onlz not high class.

Have fun there!

I am in the process of purchasing a unit with the old club melia, my contract is for a 2 bedroom in Cozumel which only had a $50 transfer fee. I think it was called the

I was told that my membership would allow me to go to the Paradisus Punta Cana for a $20.00 exchange fee and it is an optional all inclusive resorts (but I dont think you can order food or drinks if you dont purchase it but I am not sure).

I am hoping they are correct since we want to use our unit for next year in Punta cana.

Hopefully someone owns there and can answer your questions for sure.

TIA
Susan

Javier320

Reaction score
Paradisus Punta Cana

Hello,

I had been at Paradisus Punta Cana in 2006, it s also a very good ressort.
They told me that they built a special corner for SMVC members.
Try the japannese, and the french restaurant. It s a very good option.

The only problem are the waves when you pick the ship (catamaran) to acces to the beach.

Javier.

teamjd

TUG Member
Reaction score
SMVC Request

I have sent off an e-mail to the person I know at the SMVC. I am hoping that she will respond and help. We will just have wait for her reply.

MARYSOL_21

Reaction score
SMVC

I have been searching for an online forum for sol melia vacation club members....I find it odd that I am unable to find any club members! I joined the club last october at the Melia Caribe Tropical after almost joining Disney instead....(the decision was based on the tour of Paradisus Palma Real)

There has go to be members out there somewhere!!!!!! :cheer:

Bill4728

Reaction score
I have been searching for an online forum for sol melia vacation club members....I find it odd that I am unable to find any club members! I joined the club last october at the Melia Caribe Tropical after almost joining Disney instead....(the decision was based on the tour of Paradisus Palma Real)

There has go to be members out there somewhere!!!!!! :cheer:
If you click on the user list, then use seach on the far right, then advance seach you can put in "Melia" under TS owned and see what happens.

There are 10 TUG member which list "Melia" as a resort they own.