• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Smugglers Notch Nordland Reorganization Opportunity - Letter I received in the mail

The Colorado Kid

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Riverfront
Christie Lodge
Apollo Park
Grand Timber Lodge
Indian Palms
Massanutten
Park Regency
Valdoro Mountain Lodge
Marriott Surfwatch
I am a new Smuggs resale owner and received in the mail a letter asking me to participate in some sort of HOA reorganization effort.

Seems to indicate it would benefit me by moving my ownership to a deed. But I am always hesitant to take action without asking the might TUG community!

The letter indicates this same reorg occurred recently at Smuggs for Villmarksauna and is to ensure the long-term financial health and sustainability of the Nordland condos.

Also of note for Smuggs Nordland 16 owners, the letter indicates if an owner wants to "retire" their ownership, the HOA is offering to do this at no cost to the owner as part of this effort.

I am researching all the resources that came with the letter.

Anyone have any feedback on this?

jp10558

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Seaworld
Wyndham Smoky Mountains
Foxrun Lake Lure
I thought Smugglers Notch was under Wyndham? I guess I have no idea otherwise.

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I thought Smugglers Notch was under Wyndham? I guess I have no idea otherwise.
Wyndham just handles sales. Smuggs is still privately owned. Each building community has its own HOA.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
So Smuggs has been slowly trying to turn buildings over to Wyndham. Evergreen is Wyndham. Some Kestrels are Wyndham- the middle building. Villamark they did this with as you mentioned.

Some buildings are mixed like Villamarksauna and Nordlands. Eventually Smuggs could end up just owning the full and family and winter shares, and Wyndham will have all the club ownerships.

They buy out some or move others to another club ownership. They started this whole process with the Farewell Program years ago, which I believe they no longer offer.

But really don’t know a lot more about it.

The Colorado Kid

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Riverfront
Christie Lodge
Apollo Park
Grand Timber Lodge
Indian Palms
Massanutten
Park Regency
Valdoro Mountain Lodge
Marriott Surfwatch
So Smuggs has been slowly trying to turn buildings over to Wyndham. Evergreen is Wyndham. Some Kestrels are Wyndham- the middle building. Villamark they did this with as you mentioned.

Some buildings are mixed like Villamarksauna and Nordlands. Eventually Smuggs could end up just owning the full and family and winter shares, and Wyndham will have all the club ownerships.

They buy out some or move others to another club ownership. They started this whole process with the Farewell Program years ago, which I believe they no longer offer.

But really don’t know a lot more about it.
Great info, thanks @WinniWoman ! Smuggs is supposed to call with details...its very helpful to have the backstory. I haven't figured out yet if this is voluntary or mandated.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Great info, thanks @WinniWoman ! Smuggs is supposed to call with details...its very helpful to have the backstory. I haven't figured out yet if this is voluntary or mandated.
It could be one of those “ we’ll make you an offer you can’t refuse” deals.

PS I see you are on the Smuggs owners Facebook page so hopefully you’ll get more input on there.

The Colorado Kid

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Riverfront
Christie Lodge
Apollo Park
Grand Timber Lodge
Indian Palms
Massanutten
Park Regency
Valdoro Mountain Lodge
Marriott Surfwatch
It could be one of those “ we’ll make you an offer you can’t refuse” deals.

PS I see you are on the Smuggs owners Facebook page so hopefully you’ll get more input on there.
Yes I just joined 2 Smuggs FB pages today to ask for feedback