• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Smoky Mountains in November

baf99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn Beach Resort
Blue Whale
I appreciated the advice about October in the Berkshires so much I thought I’d get a bit about November in the Smokies. I have an ongoing search for the first week of November, but it hasn’t had any hits yet. I waited just a couple of days after I saw a 5 November at Tree Tops and it was gone. So I put in an ongoing search for anything in the first week of November at several Gatlinburg resorts but I’m not sure anything will show up. I know it's a bit late to be planning this... So I’m considering alternatives.

My plans are to spend the time in the national park, not any of the town attractions unless the weather is prohibitive for hiking. What I am seeing is a 12 November week in Gatlinburg (on hold) and a couple of 5 November weeks in Pigeon Forge. I’m thinking 5 November would be better for the last of fall color, but since I will be going to the park every day Gatlinburg might be better to avoid traffic. I’m wondering if the Pigeon Forge traffic will be any less in early November so the drive to the park won’t be so horrible. It probably won’t be too bad when I’m trying for sunrise photos, but the traffic I experienced the two times I have been to Gatlinburg make me hesitant to book in PF. Mid-May wasn’t as bad as July, but it was still pretty crazy.

So, does anyone have any experience with the first couple of weeks of November? Thanks.

Gypsy65

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HIVC
We go to Gatlinburg with our motorcycles every year
November will be too late for any fall colors
We usually book the last two weeks of October
I do have two extra units I booked last year in Gatlinburg that we won’t need that I recently posted on Airbnb
Not sure if I can say that or not so if not. That can be deleted

eschjw

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Oakmont
Late October/ early November is usually still very nice. Mountains are past peak but it can still very nice in the valley. We stayed in Gatlinburg are few years ago and on October 31st, when we left, the leaves were just about to peak. We are checking into Oakmont in Pigeon Forge on October 31st this year. The crowds will be lighter by then and there is still a good chance for some decent color.

We have friends that are checking in on Oct. 30th at Wyndham Smoky Mountains. I think you might be able to find something to rent if you check with some Wyndham owners.

baf99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn Beach Resort
Blue Whale
Thanks for the info @Gypsy65 and @eschjw. I am trying to use up some of my banked RCI weeks, so I am planning to stick with them for now. I am trying to balance getting a little color for photos, having somewhat cooler weather for hiking, and not having too much of a crowd. I know the color at the higher elevations will be gone, but I have read that some will likely still remain in the valley and lower elevations. While I would prefer Gatlinburg for the proximity to the national park, my ongoing search for 6 resorts there is just gathering dust. Since my deposits won't expire until 2023, I may just wait on the ongoing search and if it doesn't get any hits I'll just plan sooner for next year. The November 5 Pigeon Forge weeks are still there, but I'm just not sure I want the longer drive to the park every day.

JudyH

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info @Gypsy65 and @eschjw. I am trying to use up some of my banked RCI weeks, so I am planning to stick with them for now. I am trying to balance getting a little color for photos, having somewhat cooler weather for hiking, and not having too much of a crowd. I know the color at the higher elevations will be gone, but I have read that some will likely still remain in the valley and lower elevations. While I would prefer Gatlinburg for the proximity to the national park, my ongoing search for 6 resorts there is just gathering dust. Since my deposits won't expire until 2023, I may just wait on the ongoing search and if it doesn't get any hits I'll just plan sooner for next year. The November 5 Pigeon Forge weeks are still there, but I'm just not sure I want the longer drive to the park every day.
We stayed in Pigeon Forge last year for three weeks in a campground on the main drag near the Mill. There is a bypass from PF that takes you around the chaos of Gatlinburg and straight into the Park. Also you are near another main road to get directly to Cade’s Cove. Gatlinburg was crazy crowded. We were there from Oct 24 to Nov 13. There still was plenty of fall colors, especially near the NE corner of the park near the Blue Ridge Parkway.