• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Skiing in Canada

Astromaid

TUG Member
Reaction score
This may be a really dumb question, but is there any skiing in Canada in September? My step son in getting married in September of 2007 and trying to decide where to go on his honeymoon. They both love to ski, just got back from Montana, but of course there is no skiing here in the states during September. I know nothing about it, but wondered if there might be resorts open further North.

Thank you for any suggestions.
Julie

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Astromaid said:
This may be a really dumb question, but is there any skiing in Canada in September? My step son in getting married in September of 2007 and trying to decide where to go on his honeymoon. They both love to ski, just got back from Montana, but of course there is no skiing here in the states during September. I know nothing about it, but wondered if there might be resorts open further North.

Thank you for any suggestions.
Julie
There may be skiing in Whistler in September. I'm not sure when they shut down in the fall, but that info is on the website.

There is year round skiing at Mt. Hood in Oregon at the Timberline ski area. Whispering Woods, a very nce TS, is about half an hour from Timberline.

The US ski team practices in the summer at Mt. Hood. When I have stayed at Whispering Woods in the past, the ski team was using rooms at the resort for lodging for the skiers.

Bill4728

Reaction score
There may be skiing in Whistler in September. I'm not sure when they shut down in the fall, but that info is on the website.

There is year round skiing at Mt. Hood in Oregon at the Timberline ski area. Whispering Woods, a very nce TS, is about half an hour from Timberline.

Everthing Steve said is true, but you have to be really hard core to ski in Sept. The skiing is very very limited at that time of year.

Skiing in Whistler generally goes till the end of July, but varies with the year.

Good Luck

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Bill4728 said:
Everthing Steve said is true, but you have to be really hard core to ski in Sept. The skiing is very very limited at that time of year.

Skiing in Whistler generally goes till the end of July, but varies with the year.

Good Luck
Any place in NA that has summer skiing is doing it on snow fields (i.e., glaciers). The runs get groomed overnight. Skiing starts about 9 am and finishes about 1 pm, because by then the surface is pretty much slush.

vicneo

Reaction score
why dont you try argentina brazil or australia new zealand

Astromaid

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the advise, I will look into the suggestions. As for traveling to the Southern hemisphere, these are a couple of young kids who have done very little traveling and have a limited budget. I am trying to find some low cost options for them.

Thank you for the responses.
Julie