• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Simpson Bay Resort vs Atrium Resort, St. Maarten

Successful4life

TUG Member
Reaction score
Looking to travel to St. Maarten next Summer ‘23. Having to decide between the Simpson Bay Resort & the Atrium Resort. Any information about the pros & cons of both would be greatly appreciated. Which do the Tug family prefer and why? It is only me & hubby. We’re active 60 yo.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Looking to travel to St. Maarten next Summer ‘23. Having to decide between the Simpson Bay Resort & the Atrium Resort. Any information about the pros & cons of both would be greatly appreciated. Which do the Tug family prefer and why? It is only me & hubby. We’re active 60 yo.
Simpson bay… much larger

Successful4life

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry for my not understanding. Do you mean Simpson Bay? If so, I’m going to do an ongoing search.

gln60

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriot Harbour Lake
Abound Points
I would opt for the Villas at Simpson Bay…next door to the Simpson Bay Resort..recently updated villas that are right on Simpson Bay.…beautiful sunsets from the balcony..my daughter and bf will be at the Villas in mid October and my wife and I will be there in mid January….highly recommend the villas…are you doing an exchange thru II…or cash?

Last edited:

gln60

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriot Harbour Lake
Abound Points
Welcome…just another thought..there are 2 buildings that are bayfront at the Simpson Bay Resort..the Marina building and the Flamboyant building..the chances of exchanging into one of those buildings is very slim..the other buildings are built on a hill behind those 2 buildings..some have a view of Simpson Bay…some don’t..it’s not a particularly easy walk up to that part of the resort from the beach.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Sorry for my not understanding. Do you mean Simpson Bay? If so, I’m going to do an ongoing search.
Maybe it’s the villas of Simpson bay I’m thinking of not the marina

zentraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Four Seasons Residence Club
We stayed in the Flamboyant Building last year. It was an exchange through II and we were able to upgrade to that building for a fee (don't remember how much it was, but it was definitely worth it). Villa was very nice and had a lovely water view. Parking right out front. Don't know anything about the Atrium resort so can't contrast.

Successful4life

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. We have one night’s stay at the villas at Simpson bay and booked additional 7 days at the Atrium. I am really antsy about the Atrium. Therefore, I have an ongoing search to change to Simpson bay or Divi little bay in Philipsburg. I hate paying additional rebooking fees; however, I don’t want to stay in poor accommodations for a week.

If anyone has stayed recently at the Atrium, please chime in.

gln60

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriot Harbour Lake
Abound Points
I have never stayed at the Atrium but it gets very good reviews on Trip Advisor and received the travelers choice award for 2022…imo..its worth a look

PrairieGirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Head on over to Travel Talk Online - Sint Maarten forum and ask Todd about the Atrium. He owns there. Really nice guy who will be honest with his answers.