• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Simple Things That Make You Happy Now

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Lack of traffic!
While I am seeing some of the side effects (less pollution / clearer skies), since I'm not driving much, I'm not personally experiencing the easier drives w/ the very light traffic because I'm not on the roads! :D In fact, the last time I filled my car with gas was the first week of March, and I still have 2/3 of a tank!

Kurt

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
Only two things bound to soothe my soul
Cold beer and remote control

heathpack

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
While I am seeing some of the side effects (less pollution / clearer skies), since I'm not driving much, I'm not personally experiencing the easier drives w/ the very light traffic because I'm not on the roads! :D In fact, the last time I filled my car with gas was the first week of March, and I still have 2/3 of a tank!

Kurt

I am working 3 days a week now. I typically spend 2hr 15min to 2hr 30min per day commuting, 4 days per week. So thats 9-10hr per week just on my commute.

Now: 50min per day x 3 days per week is 2.5 hours total. Ie what used to be one day's commute is now an entire week's commute.

Its sweet.

heathpack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
Solo bike rides. Starting when I get going, no rushing to meet up with someone. Riding my own pace. Going where I want. Leaving the house without a specific plan.

I miss my cycling friends, but I am enjoying my solo rides for sure.

bottom of bear.jpg

PcflEZFlng

TUG Member
Reaction score
In fact, the last time I filled my car with gas was the first week of March, and I still have 2/3 of a tank!
Same here! Your post caused me to look online. DW and I each bought gas on March 5, and none since. Still plenty of gas in our cars!

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
Solo bike rides. Starting when I get going, no rushing to meet up with someone. Riding my own pace. Going where I want. Leaving the house without a specific plan.

I miss my cycling friends, but I am enjoying my solo rides for sure.

View attachment 19143
Absolutely! I've been riding every day as the weather permits. However, the trails that I used to avoid on weekends because of too many people, I have to avoid every nice day. Fortunately, there's very little traffic, so I don't mind riding on the roads.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
We ordered pizza for the first time using DoorDash. We received credit for the entire meal compliments of Chase Sapphire Reserve card. Apparently this is a new benefit. :)

Our neighbors coordinated a "front porch toast" last weekend. Fun to see everyone and socialize while still social distancing. We usually are too busy running around town to see each other.

Last edited:

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
Love, love, love the dish! Is that depression era glass?
My mom had a large collection of both green and pink depression era pieces. They were so lovely!

Then I came home and made myself my banana cherry chocolate frozen dessert with my Yonana machine. It hit the spot, Yummy. Lots of smiling today.
View attachment 19123

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
One thing my wife and I have really been enjoying lately are our sunsets.

E6A125B2-B057-45F6-B191-7F75CABB9C5D.jpeg

Last edited:

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Love, love, love the dish! Is that depression era glass?
My mom had a large collection of both green and pink depression era pieces. They were so lovely!
I believe it is but not 100% sure.

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Cocktails made with fresh berries by my spouse. Being able to sit on my side porch in the middle of the day to attend work meetings. Finding ways to share meals and food with my mother, even though we're not eating at the same time or in the same place. Having lunch everyday with my family. Taking a short walk around my own neighborhood with my spouse nearly every day. Not having to set an alarm clock most mornings (looking at you at your 8:30 am Friday calls, Emergency Management!) Not spending so my hours in the car shuttling my daughter around town.

The last few weekends, we've been driving short distances (less than five miles) to walk in other, first-ring neighborhoods, where we can still easily socially distance from others (in many cases, I suspect those neighborhood streets are less crowded than many of our parks and trails would be.) It's amazing how much more you see and find on foot than you do in a car.

Luvtoride

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Cypress Harbor
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Desert Springs Villas II
Marriott Grande Ocean
Enjoying some quiet time with Rick. We watch shows together in the morning between chores and closet cleaning. We watch movies and prime TV shows in the evening (but my stepdad joins us for that). Cooking dinner has been kind of fun together.

Sure missing my five grandkids, however. Bella doesn't know the meaning of holding still for a video chat. She turns 3 next month. I used to spend a lot of time with my 5-year-old granddaughter, but she is another one that won't do video chats. The older kids, it's like pulling teeth to get them to say anything. The baby has been quite entertaining with his crawling and pulling himself up to a stand. I get videos of those activities.

How old is the baby? Our grandson is 15 months and is pulling himself up and looks to be testing out taking steps soon. So much fun to watch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Saturday I enjoyed my Lobster roll, but not as much as I would have if we were eating in the restaurant. I would have much rather have had my son over for dinner with us.

Because Saturday was such a gorgeous day we went out and explored a new area and lake nearby. Walked a few miles and then sat in the sun by the beautiful, scenic, quiet, peaceful lake. The icing on the cake was hearing the loons for the first time. I had heard them on recordings but never live. It was very exciting.

Then later after lunch I went down to the big lake here. I should have taken a towel so I could put my feet in the water as I walked along the beach. Next nice day I will be sure to do that.

geekette

Reaction score
I laid around in the yard Saturday as the hawks were flying. There were maybe a dozen of them. There is a massive nest in my front yard, but they are very discreet on entry and exit, so I am not sure how many of these big birds live in that nest, and which simply nest nearby.

It was a beautiful day with enough breeze for them to mostly float. It is mating season so they were all showing off for each other.

Every so often one would land in one of my trees so I could get a better look. It has been a while since one landed on my deck rail, which I really like, as then I can see really up close how beautiful these massive predators are. And take note of the scary talons I don't expect to ever be used against me.

When friends (used to) visit, they would get freaked out by how low a hawk might fly over my house, but I am used to being in the flight path and know when something keeps blocking light from the skylights, that it is flight time, go look. I guess I have a good relationship with the birds, as they sometimes seem to be showing me their fresh catch.

Nature grounds me. I am so very much looking forward to constantly warm weather. More happiness is coming, with fresh warm tomatoes enjoyed right off the vine...