• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Silverleaf's Oak 'N Spruce -- Good Deal?

judgerey

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have the opportunity to purchase a 2br/2bath lock out at Silverleaf's Oak 'n Spruce. resort in MA Red week 25. Asking price is $5,000. Don't know much about the resort. Does the price seem fair? Any information on the resort/program would be much appreciated.

mlsmn

TUG Member
Reaction score
terrible trader in Interval
fair trader in RCI

price seems way way too much
try redweek.com resales to get idea of price

mamiecarter

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
NO!

Week 25 is not a great week. Oak n Spruce is not at all the best place in the Berkshires. Only reason to do it is if you want to take your pet and buy to use.

Hophop4

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV/Silverleaf Owners-Holiday Hills, Branson; Seaside, Galveston;
Landmark Holiday Beach Resort, PCB, FL
I am not familar with Oak n'Spruce but I am a Silverleaf Owner. Price seems high as others mentioned. Is this a Presidential, is it deeded or RTU? Has the seller owned this unit for some time or just bought it in April 2008 and is reselling it. In April SL made everyone on resales sign a Bonus Disclosure stating Bonus will not transfer if sold next time (except to family)not sure if they will enforce this or not. They may or may not honor bonus time. Bonus Times gives you 3 nights free Sun thru Thurs and $49 charge for a Fri or Sat. You can reserve 14 days in advance and if available you will get it. Let me know if you have any other specific questions.

Last edited:

judgerey

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the feedback. I will follow up with the owner with the questions you've asked. If the deal is legit, I'm thinking about countering with $3,000 offer. Does that sound reasonable?

judgerey

TUG Member
Reaction score
I also clarified with the owner (through Judi Kozloski's office) that the sale is for 2 1br. units (side-by-side) that are deeded together, not a single 2 br. With that in mind, is a price in the range of $3,000-$5,000 acceptable?

mlsmn

TUG Member
Reaction score
so that's $2500 for each 1 bedroom
should be 1/2 that if a good week, less if not

check redweek.com and ebay

tashamen

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc points (former Club Intrawest), Trapp Family Lodge
If you want to buy in that area (or elsewhere in New England) check out IVS Realty - they specialize regionally. You can buy a unit at Ponds at Foxhollow through them, which will trade much better in II because it's a higher quality resort than Oak n' Spruce, if you want that specific location.

DanM

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
No, not a dollar unless someone was desperate. Week 25 is before the 4th of July so it is not prime season no matter what any calendar or salesman says. If the maintenance fees are under $500 it might be an acceptable mid-level trader and the timeshare itself might be worth $500-$1500 depending on whether you would use it. If the maintenance fees are $600 or more and you don't plan to use it every year I would walk away.