• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sign Stealing

pjrose

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Today we stopped behind another car at a stop sign just as a preteen girl raced up to the car and jumped in, holding an election sign she had just yanked out of someone's yard. We tried to pull up alongside them to tell them to put it back, but off they went. :annoyed: We wrote down their plate number and reported it to the state police.

I googled "election sign stealing" and was amazed at how many hits I got. I didn't realize this was a common problem.:confused: Not much respect for free speech - and certainly not a good example for the child who stole the sign.:(

We just got a call from a state trooper saying that they contacted the vehicle owner and a trooper was following the car back to the address where they had stolen the sign, to ensure that they put it back. Yay! :clap:

(PS - I hope nobody thinks this is political or controversial - I'm not saying which candidate or even if it's one we do or do not support - that wouldn't matter to us either way.)

abbekit

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Pagosa
We had our political sign stolen from our yard last weekend. It happened sometime during the night. By early a.m. we replaced it and haven't had another problem but wouldn't be surprised if it happens again.

Yes, stealing is stealing. This is no different from someone coming into our yard to steal our garden hose or flower pots.

Most political signs for major candidates are not free anymore.

Good for you to report the incident.

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
No Signs. No Bumper Stickers. No Banners.

We don't do yard signs or banners. Why alienate the neighbors if they support the other side ?

Likewise, we don't do bumper stickers. Why invite road rage from motorists with opposing affiliations ?

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

swift

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
We don't do yard signs or banners. Why alienate the neighbors if they support the other side ?

Likewise, we don't do bumper stickers. Why invite road rage from motorists with opposing affiliations ?

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

Alan, what about all the rage your going to cause if Brain ever gets those stickers printed out. http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78451 People will figure out that they were taken and you knew the secret way of saving thousands of dollars on timeshare resells! ;)