• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Shuttering at Atlantis

Reaction score
Can anyone who has recently stayed at Harborside (or anyone who has been at Atlantis lately) tell me if the Lazy River and River Pool are open? Ditto Seagrapes Buffet and the Beach Tower generally?

I understood from posts a while ago that they were shuttered for low season, so I am wondering if they are now back open.

Last edited:

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
The pool and the lazy river are closed until 12/16. Many of the restaurants were closed when we were there a few weeks ago, but I think they may be open by now. Seagrapes, Virgil's, ChopStix, and a few others. The Mesa Grill is gone forever. The Beach Tower was a ghost town. Make sure you get the list of restaurant schedules when you check in, because they are not open every night.

Last edited:
Reaction score
It looks so sad. :(

We get there on the 12th, so I guess we'll wait until into our week to enjoy that area.

Thanks for the intel.

Reaction score
So, we are back from our Week 50 visit to Atlantis. While we had a great time, I wanted to report that the Lazy River was not open at any time during our trip. That's OK, I guess... but what bugs me is that NO ONE on staff seems to have any idea of when it will open (or any other question you may ask them). Just blank stares and "sorry for your inconvenience".) It was full of water, and there were people skimming the leaves out... but no one had a single clue when it might open or who would have that information. Also, the Jungle Slide was closed for the entire week as well.

Two small inconveniences... but I thought I would let you all know.

Perhaps Week 51 people will have better luck!

okwiater

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV 2B Plat+ (x2)
WSJ 3B Plat+ (VGV/BV)
WLR 2B Plat+ Oceanside
SMV 2B Plat+
Sheraton Flex (x2)
The lazy river was open over Thanksgiving. Not sure why they would have closed it again.

eagle29

Reaction score
I concur that the lazy river was open over Thanksgiving. However, much to my dismay, Atlantis has made the Grotto Pool (one of my favorites) exclusive and you must now pay to reserve chairs there to get use of the pool...another unnecessary money grab! :mad:

Reaction score
I concur that the lazy river was open over Thanksgiving. However, much to my dismay, Atlantis has made the Grotto Pool (one of my favorites) exclusive and you must now pay to reserve chairs there to get use of the pool...another unnecessary money grab! :mad:

I saw that too. Odd.

okwiater

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV 2B Plat+ (x2)
WSJ 3B Plat+ (VGV/BV)
WLR 2B Plat+ Oceanside
SMV 2B Plat+
Sheraton Flex (x2)

What's the Grotto Pool?

okwiater

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV 2B Plat+ (x2)
WSJ 3B Plat+ (VGV/BV)
WLR 2B Plat+ Oceanside
SMV 2B Plat+
Sheraton Flex (x2)

komosatp

TUG Member
Reaction score
However, much to my dismay, Atlantis has made the Grotto Pool (one of my favorites) exclusive and you must now pay to reserve chairs there to get use of the pool...another unnecessary money grab! :mad:
It is the one near the Temple Pool, sort of tucked into the side of the Rapid River.
Do HRA owners have complimentary access to this area? Or have the re-negotiated our access deed to reflect the removal of an amenity?

I know the answer, but its another way that Atlantis unilaterally denies us HRA owners access to some minor amenity to which we are entitled (and pay for). See the long story of my dispute over HRA access to Cain and the Cascades pool over near the Cove & Reef. This is kind-of worse, since its something we've been accessing for years. They never gave us any access to those other pools, even though we should.

And just as I was getting to place where I would no longer get worked up over this issue....:wall::wall::wall:

Last edited:

Larry

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
What about the rapid river and all of the other water attractions? Is the lazy river the only water attraction closed? My daughter is going to Harborside in 4 weeks what can she expect in attractions available?:shrug::crash:

eagle29

Reaction score
Even Atlantis guests must now pay for chairs/use of Grotto pool, not just HRA guests. I guess they are looking for another avenue to squeeze more $$ from guests.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
What about the rapid river and all of the other water attractions? Is the lazy river the only water attraction closed? My daughter is going to Harborside in 4 weeks what can she expect in attractions available?:shrug::crash:

I've been there in January multiple times and all amenities have been opened. It's the high season but it's not very crowded.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
VAT?

Has any owner or SVN exchanger been charged the VAT? I don't it would apply to Home Resort or SO reservations. I believe it applies to II reservations. Can anyone confirm?:ponder:

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Has any owner or SVN exchanger been charged the VAT? I don't it would apply to Home Resort or SO reservations. I believe it applies to II reservations. Can anyone confirm?:ponder:

Owners pay the VAT with their MF's. On a 2BR lockoff in Phase 1, the VAT is $205.04 for 2016. :bawl:

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
Owners pay the VAT with their MF's. On a 2BR lockoff in Phase 1, the VAT is $205.04 for 2016. :bawl:

That makes sense, that is one of the lines that is not descriptive enough in mystarcentral. I should read the detailed MF amount info sheet...

I assume SVN exchangers would not have to pay it either since they are using an unit owned by a person who already paid them via their MFs.

okwiater

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV 2B Plat+ (x2)
WSJ 3B Plat+ (VGV/BV)
WLR 2B Plat+ Oceanside
SMV 2B Plat+
Sheraton Flex (x2)
I assume SVN exchangers would not have to pay it either since they are using an unit owned by a person who already paid them via their MFs.

Correct. I feel sorry for HRA owners in shoulder season -- it's like rubbing salt in the wound.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
Correct. I feel sorry for HRA owners in shoulder season -- it's like rubbing salt in the wound.

Thanks.

Yeah, I feel bad for them too. I own 2 X 2 BDLO in Plat+ and the MFs are a killer. But I get a chance to get prime weeks. I wish the summer was part of Plat+ and that there were only two seasons.