• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Should I sell it back to Marriott?

icydog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Zac: There is currently an ad on ebay for a Marriott Manor 2 bedroom villa gold season. I really don't know anything about the seller, but it might give you an idea about the current resale market for that particular resort.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Marriott-Timesh...39:1|66:2|65:12|240:1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Wow, I'm shocked at that price. Way to go Manor Club.

I put both of my Manor Club Original section up for sale with Marriott. They told me there were three people in front of me. I also have the weeks up for sale on Redweek and Vacation Timeshare Rentals. I am conflicted as to whether I should take what I can get using my ads or wait and see if Marriott can sell it for me. The figures the OP stated are the same I was given. I sent my papers by mail so maybe the OP got in front of me if he faxed them. Grrrr:annoyed: but that of course was my choice and he deserves to be in front because I should have faxed them.

They told me all my paperwork is in order but nothing more. Now I wait. I'm sorry to be in this situation, needing to sell and all but now I have a quandary whether to wait for Marriott or take the offers for a lot less that come from my ads.

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what resorts Marriott wants right now? I can only assume they won't by any week from any resort for 60% of todays price.

I know they are taking MMC but not the Sequel MSE. Go figure. I guess they have enough inventory in the Sequel side

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
There seems to be some question about whether Marriott will or will not agree to take your timeshare for sale and list it through their resale dept if you bought it resale to start with. I know one Tugger has posted that they did do this but I think it might depend upon whether they need inventory to sell. In other words the policy might be different for different resorts and even different from time to time depending upon the market needs. It would be great if someone who owns a Marriott they bought resale in a Sold Out Marriott resort would call the resale dept and inquire about this and post the answer.

They took my two MMC weeks, at least I hope they took them, and I bought them both resale.

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think all of this analysis about how much you spent in the past is silly. For example, I play a little poker, when I try to determine if I have "pot odds" to make a bet I look at how much is in the pot vs. how much I now have to wager. I might have already put other money in the pot on previous bets, but that isn't pertinent. That money is already gone! I just have to determine what my oppurtunities are NOW.
If someone offered you what Marriott is offering you for your ts would you take it and be glad you're out of the game? If yes, sell, if no don't sell.
jmo
Thomas

YES. For myself only. I have other Marriotts and it pains me to sell my two MMC weeks but I will be glad when they're gone.

Zac495

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow, I'm shocked at that price. Way to go Manor Club.

I put both of my Manor Club Original section up for sale with Marriott. They told me there were three people in front of me. I also have the weeks up for sale on Redweek and Vacation Timeshare Rentals. I am conflicted as to whether I should take what I can get using my ads or wait and see if Marriott can sell it for me. The figures the OP stated are the same I was given. I sent my papers by mail so maybe the OP got in front of me if he faxed them. Grrrr:annoyed: but that of course was my choice and he deserves to be in front because I should have faxed them.

They told me all my paperwork is in order but nothing more. Now I wait. I'm sorry to be in this situation, needing to sell and all but now I have a quandary whether to wait for Marriott or take the offers for a lot less that come from my ads.

Nah - you're ahead of me. Mine are to be emailed (they're not here yet), so you win. But they assured me this is simple - an easy sell.

KathyPet

TUG Member
Reaction score
IcyDog, Unless you priced your MMC's at give away prices on Redweek I think you will be waiting a long time to sell them. I think Marriott will get you a buyer first but would appreciate it if you would keep all of us up to date on your progress. It will be interesting to see who wins the race to sell time.

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have gotten several lowball offers, like $5,000 or $6,000 surprisingly some have been from brokers who specialize in selling resold Marriotts.

Steve

Reaction score
Marriott WILL resell weeks purchased from private parties

There seems to be some question about whether Marriott will or will not agree to take your timeshare for sale and list it through their resale dept if you bought it resale to start with. I know one Tugger has posted that they did do this but I think it might depend upon whether they need inventory to sell. In other words the policy might be different for different resorts and even different from time to time depending upon the market needs. It would be great if someone who owns a Marriott they bought resale in a Sold Out Marriott resort would call the resale dept and inquire about this and post the answer.

Kathy,

I have answered this already in this thread and in another one about a month ago. Marriott ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY will resell a week for you that you have purchased resale from a private party. I don't know how to make it any more clear. This is absolutely the case with Manor Club (MMC)...which is the resort that the original poster is asking about. If someone from Marriott tells you otherwise, they are not telling the truth.

Steve

KathyPet

TUG Member
Reaction score
So why would it not be a good move to try to pick up a low cost MMC platinum for around $7500 if I could find one and then as soon as the sale was finalized and the deed recorded turn right around and sell it through Marriott resales since they are accepting MMC's for immediate sale with no wait list and net myself $13,500 for a quick $6000 profit?

JimC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney - AKV, BCV, OKW, VGC; Marriott - Canyon Villas/Shadow Ridge, Cypress Harbour
MVCI accepting a resale may depend on the resort and who you talk to. They would not take my Cypress Harbour resale.

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Ther will probably be a large number of TS units hit the resale market soon as many people may not want, or be able, to pay the ever increasing MF's.

Pay close attention the next couple of months for a potential steel or two.

Terry :D

Zac495

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ocean Club?

Is Aruba ocean club selling via Marriott? I'm calling in on that one tomorrow. I tried to get more information today,but the lines were busy for 30 minutes, so I gave up. People are selling back like crazy! YIKES.

Steve

Reaction score
So why would it not be a good move to try to pick up a low cost MMC platinum for around $7500 if I could find one and then as soon as the sale was finalized and the deed recorded turn right around and sell it through Marriott resales since they are accepting MMC's for immediate sale with no wait list and net myself $13,500 for a quick $6000 profit?

It probably would be a smart move. In fact, I have considered it myself.

Of course, Marriott could suddenly get inundated with resale Manor Club weeks and then have to start a waiting list. Or they could start exercising ROFR again and buy up the low cost MMC weeks. Or they could read this forum, decide they don't like this idea, and institute a rule that they'll only buy back weeks that have been owned for, say, 2 years or longer.

What's absolutely certain is that it's not a good idea to advertise that you're going to do something like this in a public forum like TUG. If you're going to do it, just do it, make some money, and be happy.

Steve

capjak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC BC & SSR, Marriott GV+MVC Pts, WKORV & SVV, HGVC Flamingo
What's absolutely certain is that it's not a good idea to advertise that you're going to do something like this in a public forum like TUG. If you're going to do it, just do it, make some money, and be happy.

Steve

Good advice as I know some TS companies read these forums...apparently they are not too busy right now....

KathyPet

TUG Member
Reaction score
Marriott will only accept resale listings for "Sold Out" resorts and I don't know if ocean Club is sold out or not.