• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sheraton Vistana Resort (VIT) vs. Sheraton Vistana Villages (SVV), is one better?

djdavid79

TUG Member
Reaction score
Right now there is availability at both Sheraton Vistana Resort (VIT) and Sheraton Vistana Villages (SVV) for the week I need in a 2 bedroom. Is one of these more preferable over the other?

amanven

TUG Member
Reaction score
A bunch of people here will probably tell you Vistana Villages is better because it's newer but now that Vistana Resort has all the units refurbished I don't think there is much difference. Though Villages is newer, I think all the different choices for pools and recreation areas and the more spread out expanse of Vistana Resort makes it equal to the villages but that's just my opinion. If you want to be on International Drive go to Villages if you want to be closer to Downtown Disney and the Disney Parks then Vistana Resort.

hefleycatz

TUG Member
Reaction score
A bunch of people here will probably tell you Vistana Villages is better because it's newer but now that Vistana Resort has all the units refurbished I don't think there is much difference. Though Villages is newer, I think all the different choices for pools and recreation areas and the more spread out expanse of Vistana Resort makes it equal to the villages but that's just my opinion. If you want to be on International Drive go to Villages if you want to be closer to Downtown Disney and the Disney Parks then Vistana Resort.

I second this, both are very nice. We own at SVV but also enjoy VR. :shrug: I sometimes do overhead views to get a better feel for a place, how its laid out etc. If you have kids, you might like one place more tha,n the other for the pools.

lee

djdavid79

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you!

I've never been to Orlando, and I really don't know much about it at all. I've been to Disneyland multiple times, but I know that Disneyworld is MUCH bigger and more spread out. I looked on a map and it looks like the Vistana Resort is pretty close to Disney, is it walkable to Downtown Disney?

I'm assuming we would need to rent a car. Are there shuttles from the resort to the parks?

mishpat

TUG Member
Reaction score
walk to downtown disney

Thank you!

I've never been to Orlando, and I really don't know much about it at all. I've been to Disneyland multiple times, but I know that Disneyworld is MUCH bigger and more spread out. I looked on a map and it looks like the Vistana Resort is pretty close to Disney, is it walkable to Downtown Disney?

I'm assuming we would need to rent a car. Are there shuttles from the resort to the parks?

The only timeshare I can think of , from where it is easy and safe, to walk to Downtown Disney is the DVC Saratoga Springs. Vistana is about 1.3 mile walk to the entrance to the Disney property(crossing I-4 in the journey) but then you have another 15 minute walk. Not worth the walk.

jlp879

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score

We've been to both parks multiple times and from experience can say that there is not much "walkable to" in Orlando. The distances are large, the resort areas are spread out, large roadways or huge parking lots must be crossed so that the distance walked is not a pleasant one. A car, taxi or shuttle is necessary from Vistana resort. You'd need to cross the interstate to get to Downtown Disney. I don't believe the Sheraton has a Disney shuttle.

K&PFitz

TUG Member
Reaction score
djdavind,

Sheraton Vistana Resort has had a shuttle to WDW for years. I think I heard Vistana Villages may have added one, now. I was just there last June, but we always drive to Orlando, so I didn't pay attention.

We have stayed at SVV at least every other year since 2003, and have only stayed at SVR once, but they are both very nice. The time we stayed at SVR, there seemed to me more going on there, for example, a musician at one of the bars in the evening. SVV has some pool activities, and movie nights, but not a lot else. However, most people don't spend all their time at the resort.

We like SVV very much (although the lack of working BBQ grills last summer drove me mad). We really like the pools. Rooms at both SVV and SVR are large and comfortable.

You can't go too wrong either way.

djdavid79

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks!

Thank you all for your responses!

I've made my reservations, and I now have reservations for 2, 2 bedrooms in June at Vistana Resort. How likely is it that the units be near each other if I call ahead and request that?

We're going to have a lot of fun!

amanven

TUG Member
Reaction score
Chances are you will get the units near each other but if you ask nicely at check in your odds of getting two units together will go up. Vistana Resort is not walkable to Disney parks or to downtown Disney but they are an easy drive. There are shuttles from Vistana resort to the parks but they run on a limited schedule and I think there is a fee for the service (not sure though). If you don't mind the cost of a taxi, the average fare should be between $15 and $20 (worst case scenario). Epcot was only $12 for 2 of us and it was nice to have the cab pick us up and drop us off right at our villa at the time of our choosing.
Most people rent a car and drive to the parks from the resort areas. It is an easy drive from Vistana Resort.

eakhat

TUG Member
Reaction score
rooms together

In January 2010, I booked 2, 2bedroom units at the Sheraton Vistana Resort; however, one slept 8 people and the other slept 6 people. We were unable to get our units together because of this difference. The distance was far enough away that we usually drove between the two places.

djdavid79

TUG Member
Reaction score
Both of my confirmations say "06 Privately, 08 Maximum" so hopefully they are the same type of unit and we can be relatively close together. I'll call when it gets close to check in to see if we can keep them close. Thanks everyone for your help! The kids and grandkids are all really excited! :)