• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sheraton Flex Program

mmccall23

Reaction score
Just went to our Owner's Update, and the push was to move us to a Flex Program. We own in Vistana in an off time. We were shown a list of Marriott resorts that could be utilized but nothing was in print we could get. They also stressed that 7 out of 10 owners are moving to the Flex program, which would limit the availability of the internal exchange if we did not move to the Flex program. Has anyone had the same experience? What are your thoughts on moving to the Flex? We like to go to different resorts.

okwiater

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV 2B Plat+ (x2)
WSJ 3B Plat+ (VGV/BV)
WLR 2B Plat+ Oceanside
SMV 2B Plat+
Sheraton Flex (x2)
Was your existing Vistana ownership purchased resale or direct? If you are already an SVN member, a Flex purchase won't get you anything you don't already have except for the ability to book the 5 Flex resorts 12 months prior to arrival. Most of those resorts don't have enough demand for that priority access to matter much.

The salespeople showing you Marriott resorts are speculating. Hopefully they weren't showing you Marriott timeshares, because Marriott Vacation Club is a separate company having nothing to do with the Starwood-Marriott merger. Not to mention, the Starwood timeshare business is being spun off and sold to Interval Leisure Group (ILG) prior to that merger.

It is possible -- likely, even -- that Starwood/ILG/SVN timeshare owners will eventually be able to convert to some flavor of "Marriott" points system to access both Starwood and Marriott branded hotels and [non-timeshare] resorts; however, that is years away and subject to lots and lots of decisions which have yet to be made.

If your travel priorities are to go to different Starwood timeshare resorts, the only thing I would recommend doing would be to purchase a resale WKV Platinum Plus or a mandatory SVV property. Use those StarOptions to travel to the different SVN resorts. Don't let anything having to do with Marriott factor into your decision, and certainly don't purchase anything directly from the developer unless you know exactly what you are doing and why. In most cases, it's not the right decision.

starwoodts

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana westin lagunna mar sheratoun mountain vista westin kierlands
owners update flex program

would it be worth it to bring 20 resales into the flex system for 12k and get 5 star elite status for life?:shrug:. Would be giving up 20 weeks at wlm

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
would it be worth it to bring 20 resales into the flex system for 12k and get 5 star elite status for life?:shrug:. Would be giving up 20 weeks at wlm

Do you know the Interval bought the Starwood TS division, and Marriott bought the hotel division? That means that no one knows what will happen to Elite Status, or SPG Platinum.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)

what is wlm?
Are you saying that for $12K - you can requalify 20 resale 'wlm', and get to 5*/PFL? you have 20 resale 'wlm'?
how many FlexOptions would this requalify?
20 weeks? do you mean 10 2Bd LOs that gives 20 weeks

sorry, not following - too cryptic and lacks info

if more info - perhaps you could get better responses.

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Based on the resorts under his name, I'm guessing Westin Lagunamar

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Based on the resorts under his name, I'm guessing Westin Lagunamar

I didn't want to assume.
20 weeks of resale WLR? Requaled?

Requal of 10 resale 2Bd LO for $12K for 5*/PFL?
If this means getting those SOs and 5*/PFL for $12K (I don't believe it) - go for it...
but normally - one has to make SVO purchase for WAY more than $12K.

okwiater

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV 2B Plat+ (x2)
WSJ 3B Plat+ (VGV/BV)
WLR 2B Plat+ Oceanside
SMV 2B Plat+
Sheraton Flex (x2)
I'm guessing the WLRs are not requals, but rather trade-ins with $12K of new money to achieve >649K Sheraton Flex Home Options and 5*.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Read wrong...

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
They are resales:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I am not sure why you'd want 20 weeks at Lagunamar, unless you had a rental business, or maybe wanted to spend the whole winter in Mexico?

Apparently it didn't work out, so I'm leaning toward rentals that were not as lucrative as expected.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am not sure why you'd want 20 weeks at Lagunamar, unless you had a rental business, or maybe wanted to spend the whole winter in Mexico?

Apparently it didn't work out, so I'm leaning toward rentals that were not as lucrative as expected.

Very confusing, there is no way you can requal 20 weeks for 12K. Cheapest way to do it is 20K per week if your requal via a continental US week unless you "trade in" a week you own and use that value to lower your requal cost. At that point, it becomes an a moving $ target that gets defined by Starwood.

starwoodts

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana westin lagunna mar sheratoun mountain vista westin kierlands
I'm guessing the WLRs are not requals, but rather trade-ins with $12K of new money to achieve >649K Sheraton Flex Home Options and 5*.
yes trade ins only and I believe that also limits and availabilty to rent out using the options