• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Shell Vacations Club maintenance fees for 2023, West Club, .293 per point

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
My fees for Shell are now .293 per point. I posted the wrong amount last evening.

I added in the last month of dues they hadn't credited to my account. Still, it's bad, and still, it's expensive. I am always going back and forth with everything Wyndham.

Owning WorldMark, where fees are so reasonable, then Shell being so expensive and nickel and diming me to death for transaction fees, housekeeping fees, and parking fees, etc., and to top that off, the really bad website that doesn't allow me to add guest names without calling. I cannot even see my transaction history? It gets old. I assume Wyndham is going to put in a $99 guest fee and figure out how to get more money out of Shell owners to force them to convert to Wyndham. I don't need to do that and will not do it.

Here's hoping that I get my March reservations rented, so I can give this back around 4/1. They may send me a bill for some maintenance fees, but good riddance.

Last edited:

SeeMe

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Shell Vacation Club
Global Exchange Vacation Club
The Imperial of Waikiki x2
Westin Kierland Villas x2
Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas North
Shell is going down hill quickly. Lastyear I was told I had overpaid and hada $1305 credit. I got my bill for this year and was told I owe more than $1400 which includes a past due amount from last year and there is no credit. When I called my initial wait was 45 minutes and then another 40 minutes to speak to a supervisor who said the figure was correct but could not explain why.
we are in Dispute Resolution now with the ART Dept.
Customer service is at an all time low!
think it is time to maybe drop Shell. With this customer service I don’t see any value in buying/joining Wyndham.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Shell is going down hill quickly. Lastyear I was told I had overpaid and hada $1305 credit. I got my bill for this year and was told I owe more than $1400 which includes a past due amount from last year and there is no credit. When I called my initial wait was 45 minutes and then another 40 minutes to speak to a supervisor who said the figure was correct but could not explain why.
we are in Dispute Resolution now with the ART Dept.
Customer service is at an all time low!
think it is time to maybe drop Shell. With this customer service I don’t see any value in buying/joining Wyndham.
I totally agree. So many great timeshares out there, no reason to be burdened with this bad customer service and high cost to use.

Cbeebe

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Shell Vacations Club
My fees for Shell are now .293 per point. I posted the wrong amount last evening.

I added in the last month of dues they hadn't credited to my account. Still, it's bad, and still, it's expensive. I am always going back and forth with everything Wyndham.

Owning WorldMark, where fees are so reasonable, then Shell being so expensive and nickel and diming me to death for transaction fees, housekeeping fees, and parking fees, etc., and to top that off, the really bad website that doesn't allow me to add guest names without calling. I cannot even see my transaction history? It gets old. I assume Wyndham is going to put in a $99 guest fee and figure out how to get more money out of Shell owners to force them to convert to Wyndham. I don't need to do that and will not do it.

Here's hoping that I get my March reservations rented, so I can give this back around 4/1. They may send me a bill for some maintenance fees, but good riddance.
How do you know how much your club fees are per point? If I do the math on what I’m being charged, it’s $.12/point for 3,050 points. My points are a direct membership with Plaza Pelicanos. No one can tell me how this number was derived!

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
How do you know how much your club fees are per point? If I do the math on what I’m being charged, it’s $.12/point for 3,050 points. My points are a direct membership with Plaza Pelicanos. No one can tell me how this number was derived!
What is your total amount due. That doesn't sound right to me. $360? Try that one again.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
My fees for 2024 are .31 each, making a one bedroom at Peacock Suites during busy season $790.50 + $17.50 transaction fee + housekeeping of about $115 + parking of $20 + tax per night. No longer a cheap stay. I remember it being $600 bucks, free parking, and no HK fees charged to me at the resort. That has been about 8 years ago.

Wyndham won't take our Shell back. We are stuck with it, or I can give it away.