• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Share my rescission for club wyndham after found out about the lie

gggllm

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was in a presentation in Wyndham Club New York on 06/08, and sales person sold me 126000 points for 21k. They claim that can get me a 1 week using that much of points.

After come home, I realized that they are simply lying, 126k can only get 1 night.

So I sent out multiple fax/mails, one of them certified on 06/09. The new york rescission period is 7 business days, so I should be cool.

Currently I haven't heard back from them. Will update here once I do.

I would simply say if the sales person isn't lying to my face flagrantly, I would never have bought it. What a distorted industry.

gggllm

TUG Member
Reaction score
1 Week in New York for 1BR room * That is what they say.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Buy resale and save yourself a lot of money and aggravation. Buy Hilton points deeded in New York. You would be happier with that product. Others can help with that.

Congratulations on rescinding.

gggllm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Buy resale and save yourself a lot of money and aggravation. Buy Hilton points deeded in New York. You would be happier with that product. Others can help with that.

Congratulations on rescinding.
Yes, it seems that Hilton has the biggest NY inventories

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
1 Week in New York for 1BR room * That is what they say.
As you can clearly see from the publicly accessible resort directory points chart for that resort that is a lie:

1687379861051.png

You would need almost 4 times that amount of points for a 1 bedroom.

gggllm

TUG Member
Reaction score
As you can clearly see from the publicly accessible resort directory points chart for that resort that is a lie:

View attachment 78284

You would need almost 4 times that amount of points for a 1 bedroom.
I think what they did at the resort is showing me a covered chart which saying 126000 for a week. And guess what, that chart is not for NY!

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is a way in which this is true.

An RCI exchange using Wyndham points tops out at 126K per week. If a 1BR in NYC is deposited for the dates you want, you would be able to obtain it for 126K (or possibly 105K in the winter) plus an exchange fee.

The RCI chart is often very favorable for smaller units at urban resort locations and other places with very high point costs. I"m sitting in a 2BR at Hilton Kings Land as I type this that cost 205K plus an exchange fee. That's a little less than the points required for many (but not all) Wyndham Hawaiian resorts, and the unit is arguably nicer than most Wyndhams.

gggllm

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is a way in which this is true.

An RCI exchange using Wyndham points tops out at 126K per week. If a 1BR in NYC is deposited for the dates you want, you would be able to obtain it for 126K (or possibly 105K in the winter) plus an exchange fee.

The RCI chart is often very favorable for smaller units at urban resort locations and other places with very high point costs. I"m sitting in a 2BR at Hilton Kings Land as I type this that cost 205K plus an exchange fee. That's a little less than the points required for many (but not all) Wyndham Hawaiian resorts, and the unit is arguably nicer than most Wyndhams.
Yeah, then they definitely showed me the RCI charts... Then I would say, it is actually a pretty good deal if there is no resale exists.

Irons

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Isn't resale wyndham can't use RCI points but only weeks?
As a (soon-to-be) new resale owner, and successful rescission survivor, my understanding is you can only exchange/purchase full weeks via RCI (instead of X days)

I may be mistaken, but hopefully someone can chime in as this is of interest to me as well

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
As a (soon-to-be) new resale owner, and successful rescission survivor, my understanding is you can only exchange/purchase full weeks via RCI (instead of X days)

I may be mistaken, but hopefully someone can chime in as this is of interest to me as well
As resale only owners, you can only book full weeks in RCI with your Club Wyndham points. Retail owners have access to Plus Partners. The only thing useful about Plus Partners (in my opinion), is the RCI nightly stays. Only a fraction of the RCI resorts participate in RCI nightly stays, but you can book anywhere from 1 night to 14. Also, the booking fee for 7 nights is cheaper than at a non-RCI nightly stay resort.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
That's correct, but it probably doesn't mean what it sounds like you think it means.

RCI has two pools of inventory: RCI Weeks, and RCI Points. RCI Weeks can only be booked a full week at a time, though of course you do not need to stay the entire time. Every Wyndham owner has access to RCI Weeks inventory, and most RCI inventory is in Weeks. If you have any developer purchases in your account--or, more accurately, if your account is eligible for PlusPartners--then you also have access to RCI Points inventory.

If you are exchanging your (resale or developer) Wyndham ownership for something else, you always exchange in the currency of Wyndham points. This is not the same thing as "RCI Points" even though both are "points." And these Wyndham exchanges use a fixed cross-over grid to determine how many points you have to give up to get an exchange. This grid is, unhelpfully, labelled "RCI Nightly Stay Resorts" but it is used for both RCI Weeks and RCI Points. The only difference is that for RCI Weeks, only the "Full Week" values matter. You'll notice that a 1BR can be had for at most 126K Wyndham points.

As an example, just last week I stayed in a 2BR at Hilton Kings Land in the Waikoloa Beach Resort, and it cost 205K Wyndham points plus an exchange fee, because Hawaii is considered "Prime" Season just about year-round, if not the entire year.

It's important to note that these values are not guaranteed, nor is the existence of RCI as an exchange partner. However, Wyndham also happens to own RCI, so there is little chance of RCI going away completely.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
This grid is, unhelpfully, labelled "RCI Nightly Stay Resorts" but it is used for both RCI Weeks and RCI Points. The only difference is that for RCI Weeks, only the "Full Week" values matter.
Here’s the chart with only the weekly amounts:
IMG_7649.jpeg

It’s also on page 332 of the directory.

Baggi

Reaction score
You can get some pretty good deals through RCI but you have to pay a fee. I was looking at Hawaii a year ago and noticed I can save a lot of points if I go through RCI instead of using my Wyndham points. Almost seems like cheating. However, RCI doesn't always have the availability while Wyndham usually seems to have availability where I want to go. In the case of Hawaii though, there was plenty of availability where I wanted to go but the Wyndham points were almost triple the RCI points.