• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sept slow season?

FlyKaesan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Around Hawaii:
Is September the slowest season and does thing pick up during October?
I thought Sept - Jan would be slow season except holidays and Christmas time.

Lawlar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Slow Season

I believe that you are correct that September - December is the slow season.

The snow-birds head for Hawaii during Jan/March. Also, Whale season is between December-May.

Summer and holidays are the busiest of times.

jlee2070

TUG Member
Reaction score
check the following II Travel Index for Hawaii...

Attachments

• tdi-13.gif
    tdi-13.gif
    91.2 KB · Views: 43

FlyKaesan

TUG Member
Reaction score
I saw that grid too in the II book but it was so easy getting week 39 and 40 exchanges but week 41 is not getting through.
Since that is the first week of Oct, I thought something is going on in Hawaii or maybe it was busy season, which is not.
Actually I had Marriott 2 br which I let go since the dates weren't exactly what I wanted. I am beginning to regret my decision.:bawl:

falmouth3

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
We were in Maui during Labor Day week 2 years ago. The Tuesday after Labor Day, the place seemed to clear out. It was amazing.

This year we were visiting the Big Island the first week in June. The restaurants were empty and we asked if it was slow season. We were told yes. So, somehow, we managed to select both vacation weeks during slow season. Not that I minded. ;)

lprstn

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Its not slow in Oct @ the Big Island (kona) as they are having the Iron Man Tri-atholon there. They say its packed around that time.

jlr10

TUG Member
Reaction score
September is slower than summer. But later September sees more people because of people coming in for the Ironman. Once the Ironman is over travel drops down until Thanksgiving. Then it is slower until just before Christmas then picks up for the holidays and whale season. This per the concierge at the Royal Waikoloan (now the Marriott Waikaloa) She stated that they closed down an entire wing of the hotel after the ironman from October until late December. This was pre-Marriott so I don't know if they do that now, but it is a good indication of the slower time.

Our first trip to Hawaii was in 1995. It was the first two weeks of October. We ran smack into the Ironman on the Big Island (not knowing it was during that time,) and then traveled on to Kauai and Oahu. The convention I went to was in excess of 11, 000 people attending. In traveling through the islands during that period it was funny to hear the locals trying to figureout why there were so many people there during the off season. So I would say October is definately a good time to travel to the islands.

LAX Mom

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Around Hawaii:
Is September the slowest season and does thing pick up during October?
I thought Sept - Jan would be slow season except holidays and Christmas time.

The problem might be that you are trying to exchange into extremely popular resorts. Even though it might be a slow season in Hawaii, I doubt the Westins & Marriotts have many vacant rooms at any time of the year. They run pretty close to 100% occupancy.

About a month ago there were many Hawaii weeks deposited by Westin (and also Marriott?) for this Sept. & Oct.. I know when I booked an exchange, II showed availability for Fri, Sat & Sun check-ins. I also had to decide if I wanted WKORV or WKORV-N. Then a few days later the new Napili tower at the Maui Marriott was available for the same week. I've never seen so many Westin & Marriott weeks available in Hawaii at the same time!

Unfortunately these deposits have pretty much been taken at this point. Unless there is another bulk bank for Oct. 08, you'll have to hope for a cancellation.

Good luck with your search!

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Actually I had Marriott 2 br which I let go since the dates weren't exactly what I wanted. I am beginning to regret my decision.:bawl:

You are really hurting your chances by holding out for exact dates at this late date. I would find a close match and then plan to spend a night or 2 in a hotel.