• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

sending an email to another member

macko420

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello, I have listed an ad in the marketplace to sell our timeshare. Someone has contacted me and wants more info however my email is not configured so that I can simply hit reply and be able to respond to him.

So Dave, if you are listening and want more info on TVV, please send me another message with your complete email!! I hoping he will see this!!

Aside from that, I thought other people might want to know that in advance so whatever messages they want to send will get thru

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello, I have listed an ad in the marketplace to sell our timeshare. Someone has contacted me and wants more info however my email is not configured so that I can simply hit reply and be able to respond to him.

So Dave, if you are listening and want more info on TVV, please send me another message with your complete email!! I hoping he will see this!!

Aside from that, I thought other people might want to know that in advance so whatever messages they want to send will get thru

To respond to anyone on TUG click on their blue name on the left hand margin, and then click on "Start a Conversation".

If you do come to an agreement with someone to sell your Timeshare then I would suggest using LT Transfers to handle the transaction. Their website below:

www.LTTransfers.com

Last edited:

macko420

TUG Member
Reaction score
To respond to anyone on TUG click on their blue name on the left hand margin, and then click on "Start a Conversation".

If you do come to an agreement with someone to sell your Timeshare then I would suggest using LT Transfers to handle the transaction. Their website below:

www.LTTransfers.com

HI, thank you for your help! Unfortunately my problem is with someone who messaged me thru the marketplace. There is no sidebar like in the forums. His email is just a "name" with a hidden email address.

Since my computer isn't configured to be able to respond just by clicking on the link in this email (which is a microsoft email app) I am unable to send a response. I tried to 'copy the email address' but the only thing that actually copies is "name".

I took a quick look at how to configure my yahoo account late last night but I would rather not mess with something that works just fine as it is - plus we are leaving for vacation in a few days and I don't want to risk it.

Thanks for the LT Transfer recommendation! I am planning to use them!

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
HI, thank you for your help! Unfortunately my problem is with someone who messaged me thru the marketplace. There is no sidebar like in the forums. His email is just a "name" with a hidden email address.

Since my computer isn't configured to be able to respond just by clicking on the link in this email (which is a microsoft email app) I am unable to send a response. I tried to 'copy the email address' but the only thing that actually copies is "name".

I took a quick look at how to configure my yahoo account late last night but I would rather not mess with something that works just fine as it is - plus we are leaving for vacation in a few days and I don't want to risk it.

Thanks for the LT Transfer recommendation! I am planning to use them!
I had the same problem trying to answer those who responded to my marketplace ad

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Happy to help! Unfortunately this is a function of your web browser, not TUG.

if clicking on an email address within your browser does not automatically open your email (like gmail/hotmail for instance) that can be configured within your browser itself.

here is a quick webpage on how to configure web browsers to auto open a new email using the gmail for instance when you click on an email link:

alternatively if you do not wish to do this, you can simply copy and paste the email address and use that in the "TO" line of a new email using the email client of your choice.

macko420

TUG Member
Reaction score
Happy to help! Unfortunately this is a function of your web browser, not TUG.

if clicking on an email address within your browser does not automatically open your email (like gmail/hotmail for instance) that can be configured within your browser itself.

here is a quick webpage on how to configure web browsers to auto open a new email using the gmail for instance when you click on an email link:

alternatively if you do not wish to do this, you can simply copy and paste the email address and use that in the "TO" line of a new email using the email client of your choice.

Hi Brian, thanks for taking the time to explain how to do this. I realize the problem is with my browser but I don't want to change any of my settings because we are going away and I won't have a computer to fix anything if something isn't right. That would be a bigger problem for me.

The other problem is that with this particular email I cannot copy and paste his email into my Yahoo account. Is simply doesn't allow it. All I get when I right click and say 'copy email address' and then paste is that same "name" but it isn't even clickable at that point. So I can't communicate with him at all. I'm sure he is wondering why I haven't answered him. Is there any way around that?

That's why I posted my original post about adding a full email to ensure the receiver is able to respond. I have edited my original ad to explain that if someone wants to insure a response from me they may need to send be there actual email. I am hoping he sees it.

I'm sure there are a number of people who don't want to do that but I feel bad not responding to him. Again, thanks for your info. Valerie

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
unfortunately some folks dont fill out their email addresses properly or otherwise have typos in them, we cant do much to control that. Looking at your last message that is whats happened here. he simply put his name (or last name) in the email field instead of his email address.

he did provide a phone number, have you tried calling it?

macko420

TUG Member
Reaction score
Aaah! I didn't think of that!! would the phone number be directly to the right of the 'email'?? OR is that some other reference number? Sorry, I haven't posted an ad before so not sure! Thx

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
in the message the phone number is listed right next to their email address yes but only if the person sending you the message fills that field out when sending you the message. its optional.