• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Semper Fi

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
Happy Birthday to our United States Marines!

It was on this date in 1775 that the Continental Congress authorized the forming of "two battalions of Continental marines," thereby forming the marine corps of the US military, a separate service within the US Department of the Navy.

It is tradition that each year on November 10, a Marine Corps birthday ball takes place, with an official cake-cutting ceremony.

The first slice goes to the oldest marine in attendance, who passes it on to the youngest marine there, symbolizing a passing of the experience and knowledge of the older to the younger soldiers.

Ronald Reagan summed it up well - "Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem."

Richard

ampaholic

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes Sir, but the correct phrasing would be "of the older to the younger soldiers marines"

To celebrate the Corps birthday give your local marine a toy ... so it can be given to a tot.

One way to moisten a devil dog's eye.

Last edited:

dmharris

TUG Member
Reaction score
My father served as a Marine in WWII and my brother in Vietnam. I am very proud of my Marines! Happy Birthday to the Corps!

Great quote from Ronald Reagan.

As tomorrow is Veterans Day I heard Vets can get a free meal at Applebees. Anyone hear of other perks for Vets?

dwojo

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Happy Birthday to the Marine Corps. I am not a marine but did serve with many during my years of service. Every man and woman are fantastic. It is great to know they have your back.
Applebees has offered free meals to veterans for 3 years now.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Nice to know about Applebee's. A local Thai restaurant is offering Veterans free meals on Veteran's Day, and a local car wash is giving Vet's a full-service 'do' tomorrow, too. Looks like I will be well fed and have a clean ride going in to the weekend.

Thanks, fellow Vet's.

Sure beats the way we were greeted when we came home 40 years ago more or less.

Jim Ricks

dmharris

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks, fellow Vet's.

Sure beats the way we were greeted when we came home 40 years ago more or less.

Jim Ricks

Oh Jim, I too grieve how we treated the Vietnam Vets. As a very young business woman during those days I traveled a lot by plane. When returning servicemen were on my plane, I'd always wait after getting off the plane to see how they were greeted...especially by waiting families. I remember when my brother came home and how overwhelming that was. To this day I have an emotional response to servicemen returning home. They give so much to us that we can never repay.

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
My father served as a Marine in WWII and my brother in Vietnam. I am very proud of my Marines! Happy Birthday to the Corps!

Great quote from Ronald Reagan.

As tomorrow is Veterans Day I heard Vets can get a free meal at Applebees. Anyone hear of other perks for Vets?

Diane,

Here's some others:

VETERANS DAY DISCOUNTS & FREEBIES

Restaurants

Abuelo’s Mexican Food - Abuelo’s offerings vary by region, be sure to call ahead to see what the discounts or freebies are included.

Applebees - All veterans and active duty military eat free from a limited menu at Applebee’s on Veterans Day.

Chili’s — Veterans and active duty dine for free from a special limited six item menu on Veterans Day.

Golden Corral — Golden Corral Restaurants’ Military Appreciation Monday free dinner will be available on November 15, from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. Military retirees, veterans, active duty, National Guard and Reserves are all welcome.

Hooters — All Veterans and active duty eat free. The free entrees must be selected from a special Veterans Day menu.

Krispy Kreme – All active-duty, retirees & veterans get a free doughnut on Veterans Day. Be sure to call ahead to verify your local Krispy Kreme is participating.

McCormick & Schmick’s Seafood Restaurants — Participating McCormick & Schmick’s Seafood Restaurants offer a complimentary entree to vets from a special menu on a space available basis, online reservations are highly recommended.

Outback Steakhouse — Veterans and active-duty military get a complimentary Bloomin’ Onion and non-alcoholic beverage on Veterans Day.

UNO Chicago Grill — UNO is offering a Buy One Get One free offer to Service members or Veterans with a military or veteran I.D. or in uniform or with a photo of themselves in uniform. The Veterans Day BOGO offer includes a free entree or individual pizza, with the purchase of an entree or pizza of equal or greater value.

Texas Roadhouse – Free meal from opening until 4pm. on Veterans Day. Call ahead to your local restaurant for more information.

T.G.I. Friday’s – Veterans and Service members Buy one get one free from Nov 11–14. Contact your nearest location for more details on their Veterans Day BOGO offer.

Richard

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Semper Fidelis.

Click here for Semper Fidelis.

Click here for the March Of The Women Marines.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

dmharris

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Richard, you're a great researcher! I forwarded this to my brother.

ampaholic

TUG Member
Reaction score
Tens of Thousands of Marines served in the Pacific, I'm sure your dad is proud to be one of them.

If he is still available - tell him thank you from a grateful America.

[IMGR]http://www.iwojima.com/images/main_small.gif[/IMGR]