• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

sellmytimeshare.com

jdiepm

Reaction score
has anyone bought from this site? good/bad experiences? Im new to the Timeshare world and looking at purchasing at the Glacier Canyon in Wisc dells, we go there twice a year and always stay on Wilderness Territory, so it seems natural to look into buying there. Any advice on how much i should spend? Sorry if these questions are vague i literally started looking this morning.
Thanks

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I recommend that you do some market research on ebay:

Search for the resort by exact name
From the menu on the left select completed auctions
That's the current market price - bottom line

(Be sure you look at completed auctions.)

Last edited:

Cheryl20772

TUG Member
Reaction score
has anyone bought from this site? good/bad experiences? Im new to the Timeshare world and looking at purchasing at the Glacier Canyon in Wisc dells, we go there twice a year and always stay on Wilderness Territory, so it seems natural to look into buying there. Any advice on how much i should spend? Sorry if these questions are vague i literally started looking this morning.
Thanks
No I don't know anyone who bought from that site. Welcome to TUG.

Do you understand how the Wyndham points system works? You know you like to go to the Dells, but what size unit to you prefer? How many times a year do you want to go and when in that year? These are the things that determine how many points you need to have in your account, and thus how much you should spend.

In today's buyer's market, you may find what you want for very little money. There are, in some cases, people who will pay you to take their contract into your name and assume the maintenance fee obligation. If it was me looking to buy, I'd watch the TUG marketplace, the Wyndham owners forum, and eBay to catch one of those offerings. Some places even have an area where you can post what you want to buy.

From your post, I get the impression that you need to study up on Wyndham and today's timeshare market before you jump in. You don't necessarily need to own your contract at the resort you want to frequent. Some people make that decision based on where they find the lowest maintenance fees. On the other hand, if you know that availability is very tight where and when you travel, you will want to own where you want to stay. All of this will become clear as you read the Wyndham section of our forum.

Once you understand how Wyndham works and what the timeshare market is like today (often you can get one for better than free), you might better know whether or not the site you asked about is a good offer or not.

p.s.
I did look at the site you mentioned and it's interesting that it is a parked domain with nothing offered but google ads. So, what was your point? Are you just trying to get traffic to your domain parking site?

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I'm wondering if he meant Sell My Timeshare Now...

jdiepm

Reaction score
ooops sorry, i meant to write sellmytimesharenow. Thank you for the responses, i know i have a lot of research to do before i buy. Iv been looking at ebay and watching a few auctions to get the idea of how they work, seeing what prices places/points are selling for. I think i have a fair idea of how the points system works. Im glad i found this forum as the wyndham website gives very little away. Are there any advantages to buying at a destination you travel to a lot or is it best to look for a deal with a good number of points and low maintenance costs?

Cheryl20772

TUG Member
Reaction score
ooops sorry, i meant to write sellmytimesharenow. Thank you for the responses, i know i have a lot of research to do before i buy. Iv been looking at ebay and watching a few auctions to get the idea of how they work, seeing what prices places/points are selling for. I think i have a fair idea of how the points system works. Im glad i found this forum as the wyndham website gives very little away. Are there any advantages to buying at a destination you travel to a lot or is it best to look for a deal with a good number of points and low maintenance costs?
I don't know anyone who has purchased anything from sellmytimesharenow either.

When you are buying Wyndham, you need to know where you want to go and when and how many people will need privacy in the unit. If you always travel off season for the resorts you want to visit, it won't matter where you own. If you want Myrtle Beach in July/August, you better own there. If you need Myrtle Beach, it won't matter which resort you buy as they all share the same ARP. If you don't know what 'ARP' is, you haven't studied enough yet :D

persia

Reaction score
You need to think about what you need. We live an hour from Glacier Canyon and go there at least once a year, but we own elsewhere because frankly the maintenance fees at Glacier are high, around $6.66 a thousand.

Do you need the ARP? When do you go? Demand peaks mid-June, drops off late August and then peaks again at Christmas/New Years. I don't get the winter bit, but this is Wisconsin.... At peak times two bedrooms tend to be available at 10 months out, and often three and four bedrooms are available. Presidentials not so much, but can be had if you are flexible and look in the mornings 10 months out. They often clear other times as well as people may hedge by getting an earlier week and then drop it when they get the week they want. The only thing owning at Glacier Canyon will get you is ARP, at 10 months out it no longer matters where you own. The lifetime access to the water parks will not transfer through resale. So if you don't need the ARP consider buying somewhere with lower maintenance fees.

Robert

Thanks

Last edited:

persia

Reaction score
Just looked at sellmytimesharenow, the prices are insane. $13K for 168K points? WTF? Check eBay, Glacier Canyon timeshares sell for pennies a thousand, if they sell at all.

Robert

jdiepm

Reaction score
The lifetime access to the water parks will not transfer through resale.

Can you elaborate more on this please. Does this mean that i only get free access to the water parks if i purchased the Timeshare directly through Wyndham? The reason im interested in buying is for the free access to the Wilderness Territory water parks. If they don't transfer then wouldn't having a Timeshare there be completely useless?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Can you elaborate more on this please. Does this mean that i only get free access to the water parks if i purchased the Timeshare directly through Wyndham? The reason im interested in buying is for the free access to the Wilderness Territory water parks. If they don't transfer then wouldn't having a Timeshare there be completely useless?

If you are only buying for the water park pass - yes. If you are buying for nice accommodations at a reasonable price - no.

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)

You would get free access to the waterparks when you are staying there on a reservation. I believe that original developer purchases also got access to the parks even when not staying at the resort, and that would not transfer.

persia

Reaction score
During your stay you have complete and total access to all the water parks, what I'm talking about is access to the water parks without staying at Glacier Canyon. Say a day trip or staying at a difference hotel/motel. When you buy developer points from Wyndham you get free access to Wilderness/Glacier Canyon waterparks whenever you are in the Dells. Is this worth it? My math says no. $20,000 would get you a lot of water park admissions, not counting the interest and extra maintenance fees....

Robert

jdiepm

Reaction score
I see, thanks for clearing that up. Im relieved now. We live a few hours away from the dells and tend to do wkend trips up there and always stay somewhere in the Wilderness Territory cause my son loves their water park. It would be cruel for us to take the kids up there and not allow them daily access to everything the wilderness has to offer, esp as it right outside the window.

persia

Reaction score
On the plus side, if you are used to the zoo that is Wilderness then Glacier Canyon will be a nice relief. Still the same watermarks of course but checking in and out is much less of a hassle and the lobby and halls are nowhere near as noisy and congested. You are a bit further away from the water parks, but if you just want a nice swim Glacier Canyon has a small pool. The best part is the kitchen of course, so you can cook your own food.

On the flip side you'll often find reservations on eBay that, if you work out the points and the asking price, are not much more than $5 a thousand, sometimes less. We got a 200K equivalent presidential stay for $890 last August from an eBay seller. There are lots of options.

Last edited:

wallatom

Reaction score
I'm wondering if he meant Sell My Timeshare Now...
I was contacted by this company from Orlando. They claim to be legit and BBB rated. But they want $10K upfront to sell my Shell Vino Bello points. This sounds like a total loss to me but they claim that there is no market for ANY timeshare and my only option is to pay them to get out. Is this a scam?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I was contacted by this company from Orlando. They claim to be legit and BBB rated. But they want $10K upfront to sell my Shell Vino Bello points. This sounds like a total loss to me but they claim that there is no market for ANY timeshare and my only option is to pay them to get out. Is this a scam?

Absolutely - read the other posts in this thread.

carl2591

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Joined TUG '96, Wyndham Grand Palms AKA, Presidential Villas at Plantation Resort, 3 bed lockout.

They all claim to be legit and BBB rated.. that is because last week they used another name that was poorly rated on BBB, if at all. Change the name and all the sudden you are now fresh and new.. same old scam

If they want lots of money UP FRONT to sell something your week rest assured they will take your money and you will never see or hear from them again..

that is until another company claiming to be a expert in getting your money back from the" bad old men" and all you have to do is send them half of what you sent the other guys and they would get your money back.. BULLS$#H...

lies, lies, lies.. forget them and sell or give them away your self..

mcow2011

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks

Here is an odd year offered on ebay for free.

It looks like you can pick this up for close to nothing.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WYNDHAM-INN...00780924063?pt=Timeshares&hash=item2ebf79c49f

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=Glacier+Canyon+timeshare&_sacat=0

mcow2011

TUG Member
Reaction score

NEVER pay anyone up front to sell your timeshare.

YES its a scam.

Sell it on your own on Ebay, Reweek.com or here. If you can't sell it give it away.