• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Selling to Dacolar.com

lbaletin

TUG Member
Reaction score
has anyone any experience selling their Time Share to a company called Dacolar.com
located in Mexico. And if so we're they for real.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Chances are also good (very close to 100%) that an Internet entity based in Mexico is not going to"buy" your timeshare, but is instead going to extract money from you while merely stringing you along and having you believe they are going to buy your timeshare.

Wait for it; a requirement for you to pay transfer fees in advance, tortilla tax, escrow charge, or some other such nonsense before you can "proceed". In the end, all that will ever ultimately "proceed" if youi go down this road is money "proceeding" out of your pocket and into theirs.
Save yourself the aggravation, disappointment and theft by not even going there.

Last edited:

lbaletin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Chances are also good that an Internet entity based in Mexico is not going to"buy" your timeshare, but is instead going to extract money from you while merely having you believe they are going to buy your timeshare. Stand by for the request for you to pay a "required" advance transfer fee, tortilla tax, escrow charge or some other such silly nonsense before you can "proceed". All that will ultimately "proceed" is money from your pockets to theirs. Save yourself the aggravation and just don't go there.
Thanks. I know the adage "if it's too good it's isn't" . Just was curious if anyone else had experience with them. I'm pretty sure they got my info (telephone # and timeshare location) from people who were giving us our owner update (i.e. Sales pitch) when we were at Westin Lagunamar this past week. Otherwise it's just a coincidence.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
its hard for folks to "get experience" with companies like these as they pop up on a regular basis and or change names often.

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
its hard for folks to "get experience" with companies like these as they pop up on a regular basis and or change names often.

Moreover, anyone whose "experience" was taking the bait and getting burned is likely very reluctant to step forward and admit "Yes, I fell for this scam".

Last edited:

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
has anyone any experience selling their Time Share to a company called Dacolar.com
located in Mexico. And if so we're they for real.
Welcome to TUG.

...And your guess is likely correct - they got your contact info from your visit to Lagunamar. Do not reply.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
This might be something you would want to report to Vistana. If it is true that they got your info from the sales presentation, it means that Vistana has someone on the inside in that sales center that is stealing this information and selling it. That employee, if caught should be fired. Vistana has a reputation they want to uphold and they don't want people thinking that their contact information is up for sale just because you attend a presentation. I would think they would be at least interested to hear about it. The problem is getting the information to the right person, a front line rep will just brush it off.