• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Selling my timeshare back to Marriott

anne1125

TUG Member
Reaction score
If I want to sell my timeshare back to Marriott how do I do it? Is there a department to call?

Thanks.

Anne

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Start by calling Owner Services - 800-845-4226.

However, it's unlikely that Marriott will actually buy your week from you. A lot depends on your resort and season. The normal method is that Marriott will offer to sell your week for you.

Unless you have a Platinum week at a resort no longer in original sales, Marriott might say no thanks or put you on a waiting list that could take months or years.

Please report back (without identifying your resort) of your experience.

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Sorry, but posting that info, once Anne has indicated an interest in selling, is not permitted. It would be an open invitation for others to contact her and make an offer. We are very strict about what constitutes an unallowable ad.

Anne knows the rules and that's why she didn't identify the resort or season in her OP.

anne1125

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just spoke to Marriott and if we decide to have them resell our unit we are 2nd on the list. The phone number for resales is 1-866-682-4547.

The current market price of our unit has gone up so much (in 3 1/2 years) that we will get almost what we paid when we get the 60% of the sale.

Still not sure if we're selling, but it's really nice to know that we won't be losing more than a few hundred dollars (and we've had some great trades).

We'll probably think about it some more.

Anne

KathyPet

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anne, Interesting that they could tell you where you would be in the selling pecking order list. I am suposedly on a "list" to sell one of our timeshares. When I called to check last week and asked where I am on the list I was told there was no way for them to check that for me.

JimC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney - AKV, BCV, OKW, VGC; Marriott - Canyon Villas/Shadow Ridge, Cypress Harbour
When Mariott sells are they simply putting your week in their inventory to sell at their current retail price? If so then I would think each resort has several lists one for each season, unit size, EOY/EY and view (where applicable)?

anne1125

TUG Member
Reaction score
Jim, they do sell resales at the current developer price, each resort, size and view and season is different.

The woman I spoke to said there was only 1 of our type of timeshare currently available and ours would be next in line.

I did make a typo above. We purchased 4 1/2 years ago.

Anne

JimC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney - AKV, BCV, OKW, VGC; Marriott - Canyon Villas/Shadow Ridge, Cypress Harbour
Thanks Anne. One more question, if I may. Does Marriott have an exclusive or non-exclusive listing? Can you ask them to sell it as well as say put it on Redweek yourself or list with another resale broker?

anne1125

TUG Member
Reaction score
Jim, I don't know. I would think you could always remove it from their list if it hasn't been sold, but I'm not sure.

Nice woman at that phone number I listed. Very willing to answer questions.

Anne

DougH

TUG Member
Reaction score
KathyPet said:
Anne, Interesting that they could tell you where you would be in the selling pecking order list. I am suposedly on a "list" to sell one of our timeshares. When I called to check last week and asked where I am on the list I was told there was no way for them to check that for me.

I listed my Kauai Beach Club thru Marriott and was told where I was on the priority list anytime I called. Started out at #106 on the list...took 3 years to get to #6. Then they called me up and bought it directly from me, and I got the same $$ as if they'd sold it normally.

And...even after their hefty % commission, I ended up making about $6k profit over my initial purchase price.