• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Secondary Market for OceanWatch

EKniager

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone have recent data regarding buying or selling a Garden View, Gold Season at OceanWatch? A number of Silver Season (eBay) auctions have gone by without even a $1 bid. There don't appear to be many sales happening on RedWeek and the pricing there seems a bit high relative to the eBay Silvers.

Also, anyone have experience splitting their week into the 3 and 4 night stays that Week's owners are allowed to do at their home resort. Is it a relatively simple exercise or does it require a little luck like the exchange process?

Last edited:

brigechols

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can't answer your question about Gold MOW but I do have experience reserving a split week at Ko'Olina. Did not require any luck but a lot of patience to work through Marriott to make the reservation. The split week had to be released by the resort so it required calling into the Marriott reservation center who then called into Ko'Olina.

potchak

TUG Member
Reaction score
I can only tell you we recently purchased a silver oceanfront through a reseller for $2500 plus closing. Took forever because it seemed as though the seller kept having issues getting the right documents, but otherwise it is done. Gold is all over the place. Good luck!

chuckles

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone have recent data regarding buying or selling a Garden View, Gold Season at OceanWatch? A number of Silver Season (eBay) auctions have gone by without even a $1 bid. There don't appear to be many sales happening on RedWeek and the pricing there seems a bit high relative to the eBay Silvers.

Also, anyone have experience splitting their week into the 3 and 4 night stays that Week's owners are allowed to do at their home resort. Is it a relatively simple exercise or does it require a little luck like the exchange process?

I don't have any data, but I'll mention this: I own platinum, and love it. I bought an II escape: Thanksgiving, which I'm told is the one of the most popular silver weeks for about half of my annual maintenance fees on the week I own. OW is an excellent property, and a convenient and beautiful location, but it gets cold in the winter if you're north of FLA. I like timeshares because it guarantees that I can go where I want to during my kids' summer break, but I'm not convinced that it's worth it for the off-seasons unless you either trade for points or use exchanges. They're nice during the off-season, but the numbers don't always add up.

EKniager

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't have any data, but I'll mention this: I own platinum, and love it. I bought an II escape: Thanksgiving, which I'm told is the one of the most popular silver weeks for about half of my annual maintenance fees on the week I own. OW is an excellent property, and a convenient and beautiful location, but it gets cold in the winter if you're north of FLA. I like timeshares because it guarantees that I can go where I want to during my kids' summer break, but I'm not convinced that it's worth it for the off-seasons unless you either trade for points or use exchanges. They're nice during the off-season, but the numbers don't always add up.

Yes. I have been to MOW, it is a great resort/location. From a financial point of view, I am not a huge fan of non-lockoff locations as we are just a 2 person family. And I too don't think Silver works, even for the low going rate on eBay (<$500 - transfer fee). However, we live two hours away and as a Gold owner, I could enjoy a 3-4 day golf buddy trip in the Spring and a 3-4 day long weekend with my wife and friends in the Fall. Again, that probably is not worth the $10K asking price on Redweek. I'm just trying to assess the current market to determine if there is a reasonable opportunity here in the $2-4K neighborhood. It is possible that the mid-August weeks (which rent for >$2K) are propping up the value of the Gold season. :shrug:

Bucky

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Oceanwatch (2)
In the last six months I have managed to purchase two of the Gold season units at MOW for $2500 each off of Ebay.

Pens_Fan

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I like OceanWatch and would buy there if I couldn't keep getting cheap Getaways through II.

No way that I'm going to buy when I can get a week for $375.

yumdrey

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would not buy OW silver or bronze season unless it is guaranteed oceanfront.
Platinum and Gold season are different story.
Platinum still holds good and firm price.
Gold week is going down now.

potchak

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would not buy OW silver or bronze season unless it is guaranteed oceanfront.
Platinum and Gold season are different story.
Platinum still holds good and firm price.
Gold week is going down now.
Yeah, we wanted the oceanfront week so we bought that. We got silver oceanfront for $2500 plus $600 in closing costs. We were pleased, well, at least until we saw someone else get gold season for what we paid :)

In the last six months I have managed to purchase two of the Gold season units at MOW for $2500 each off of Ebay.

What views did you get?

Pens_Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score

chuckles

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yeah, we wanted the oceanfront week so we bought that. We got silver oceanfront for $2500 plus $600 in closing costs. We were pleased, well, at least until we saw someone else get gold season for what we paid :)

What views did you get?

Now that you mention it, owning Silver may make sense at some point. I've been all around the property, and if a silver week with a random view is worth $500 (gotta pay tax on those getaways), maybe $1000(maint fees) for a week that's guaranteed to be oceanfront or oceanside, with trade options might be worth it, especially if it's your first, and it gets you into II to start.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Now that you mention it, owning Silver may make sense at some point. I've been all around the property, and if a silver week with a random view is worth $500 (gotta pay tax on those getaways), maybe $1000(maint fees) for a week that's guaranteed to be oceanfront or oceanside, with trade options might be worth it, especially if it's your first, and it gets you into II to start.

Just remember that unless you purchased the week prior to June of 2010, an Oceanfront/Oceanside week will trade just as well (or just as poorly) as a Garden Side Week because Interval International does not recognize the view of the weeks, unlike the Destination Club.

Destination Club weeks have a higher trading if the view is Oceanfront or Oceanside as opposed to Garden View.

Bucky

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Oceanwatch (2)

What views did you get?

One is Oceanside/Gardenview and the other is Oceanside/Oceanview. We don't plan on ever trading these since they were bought for a very specific reason. One week is for our whole family to get together before school starts and the other is for us to decompress afterwards! LOL. Besides that the rental prices for these were just too attractive to pass up if we don't use both weeks every year.

Pens_Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score

$374 was with the tax.