• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sebastian Florida

Catira

TUG Member
Reaction score
We will be in Orlando June 16-23 and are hoping to visit a nearby beach either prior or after our disney vacation. There is availability in Sebastian and was wondering if it has a good beach? The other option is St Pete Florida.
Which would be better for the 17 yr old and 13 yr old kiddos?

Tfish

TUG Member
Reaction score
Probably St Pete for the kids. I'm an owner at Oyster Pointe in Sebastian and we love it but it's a bit of a drive to the beach where there would be other kids their age.

Oyster Pointe provides boats and motors for owners and exchangers for $55/week (includes the gas). A huge value, being that there is great fishing available, as well as lottsa marine wildlife (dolphins, manateis etc).

It's an older resort but very well maintained. Heated pools, hot tubs and free Wifi.

Very nice tennis courts on the property and close to waterside restaurants.

Not sure where you are looking at in St Pete.

Mike

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
A relevant observation...

Several timeshare facilities in St. Pete Beach are little more than just converted old motels.
The dumpiest (imho, anyhow) of the converted motels in that area masquerading (very unconvincingly) as a timeshare facility is one called Coral Reef Beach "Resort".

In short, do your homework before renting at (or exchanging into) a timeshare facility in the St. Pete Beach area. Some are pretty nice, some very definitely are not...

Last edited:

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
If you go a little further south of Sebastian, Vero Beach is nice. There is a Disney Vero Beach resort and another timeshare called the Driftwood which is right on the beach. We have been there several times and brought our kids when they were the age yours are now. I would look into Vero Beach, you probably can find available weeks there.
TerryC

LouiseG

Reaction score
Lived in Vero for 10 yrs. The Driftwood is a great place right on the beach and quaint shops for browsing. The beach is very nice right there. I think you would enjoy it. Plus, lots of good restaurants in the area.

Catira

TUG Member
Reaction score
Lived in Vero for 10 yrs. The Driftwood is a great place right on the beach and quaint shops for browsing. The beach is very nice right there. I think you would enjoy it. Plus, lots of good restaurants in the area.

We chose the Disney Vero beach resort. Hoping to gather as much info as possible for our June trip. We usually go every year to Riviera Maya area in Mexico and enjoy going to snorkel, water excursions, and spending time in the beach.:)

Dandc3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Oyster Point boat update

Probably St Pete for the kids. I'm an owner at Oyster Pointe in Sebastian and we love it but it's a bit of a drive to the beach where there would be other kids their age.

Oyster Pointe provides boats and motors for owners and exchangers for $55/week (includes the gas). A huge value, being that there is great fishing available, as well as lottsa marine wildlife (dolphins, manateis etc).

It's an older resort but very well maintained. Heated pools, hot tubs and free Wifi.

Very nice tennis courts on the property and close to waterside restaurants.

Mike

They now are charging $75.00 for the boats.

carl2591

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Joined TUG '96, Wyndham Grand Palms AKA, Presidential Villas at Plantation Resort, 3 bed lockout.
They now are charging $75.00 for the boats.

still a deal at oyster bay, oyster pointe.. I think it should be $100 at min.. they go through at least 50 gallons of gas a day.. and this is ethanol free gas which cost more than premium. (the motors are 4 stroke)

it is a great deal and we have stay there for the past 2 yrs in june/july which is nice.

FLDVCFamily

TUG Member
Reaction score
I live in Brevard County on the barrier island, so really nearby. I'd choose Vero Beach over Sebastian. Vero Beach is a nice area.

Dandc3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sebastan

We are. Looking at moving to Sebastan or Vero Beach for the next school year. Havent decided which yet. Make that decision after we arrive, i guess. I have been watching E bay for a good week at Oyster Pointe, heard good thinga about it.

silverfox82

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
We spent a week last summer in Vero Beach at the Reef Ocean Resort, we had a great room and liked it a lot. The purpose of the trip was to get a feel for the area for a relocation which we will be doing in 2 weeks. For a TS visit I recommend Vero Beach but we bought in Sebastian, here's why. The Vero resorts are on the beach and nightlife is walkable, not so Sebastian. The beach in Vero has a barrier of some sort placed 15 feet or so off of the beach to prevent erosion, unfortunately the water clarity suffers. For a week it was no problem but it is much nicer outside of Vero. Sebastian is quieter, less touristy and the house prices seemed cheaper and Vero and Sebastian are just a few minutes apart.