• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

SeaWatch Mailing

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Many years ago, pre-child, I treated my DH to a "super-secret-surprise-mystery-plans" relatively last-minute trip to SeaWatch over July 4th, which is his birthday. I think we spent just two nights, and I found (what I thought was) a reasonable deal online.

Since then, I've been getting the early season mailings from SeaWatch. We liked this resort (we had stayed in one of the corner, oceanfront studios on a high floor,) and I keep the mailings around thinking that we might want to go back for a weekend getaway sometime in the summer or early fall. But that was before I found TUG.

We don't own Wyndham, but I am thinking that if we want to do this kind of getaway in the future, it would be cheaper to rent from a Wyndham owner, doing a "rentals wanted" post on TUG, than even the "specials" offered by SeaWatch.

All this to say--do I get to recycle the mailing this year? :)
Thanks,
amycurl

jjmanthei05

TUG Member
Reaction score
You can try that otherwise part of seawatch is non wyndham so you could look at seawatchresort.com which is the same resort but the non wyndham part or check ebay. I would think those are the 2 routes if you aren't able to plan close to a year out because seawatch books up before the 10 month window. So unless you can get someone to catch a cancellation, it will probably easier to get 1 of those 2 routes.

Jason

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I wasn't sure how many units were dedicated to the timeshare side...you've cleared things up for me.

jjmanthei05

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I wasn't sure how many units were dedicated to the timeshare side...you've cleared things up for me.

I think there are quite a few but they are in very high demand in the summer so they get booked up very quickly. Just to give you an idea for a 3 night reservation of any kind at Seawatch between June and August there are currently 3 on the 18th, 19th and 28th of august. That is it. Most people say to get summer there between mid June and mid august you need to own there. So even if you owned Wyndham somewhere else you probably still wouldn't get it.

Jason

antjmar

Reaction score
Also be aware that the "quality" of the furniture and how recently the unit has been updated vary depending on the owner.
My opinion based on what I have seen online and having stayed there once is that the Wyndham units are the nicest... Most have granite counters, new appliances and furniture etc.

anita47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyndham rentals

You have to own points in Myrtle Beach to be able to reserve anything during June, July, August. Everyone else is blocked out. I actually snagged three weeks in July at Seawatch, that I plan to rent out, just to help with maintenance fees. I listed these on TUG's marketplace. That's your best option.

learnalot

TUG Member
Reaction score
You have to own points in Myrtle Beach to be able to reserve anything during June, July, August. Everyone else is blocked out. I actually snagged three weeks in July at Seawatch, that I plan to rent out, just to help with maintenance fees. I listed these on TUG's marketplace. That's your best option.

FYI,
Non MB owners aren't blacked out from June, July and August. Reciprocal ARP (VIP benefit) is blacked out there for that period, which means that those who don't own in MB can't book until 10 months out. It is difficult to get a summer reservation at Seawatch without ARP (because of the lower points cost there), but it is possible to get summer MB reservations at 10 months at Ocean Blvd or Towers on the Grove.

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
FYI,
Non MB owners aren't blacked out from June, July and August. Reciprocal ARP (VIP benefit) is blacked out there for that period, which means that those who don't own in MB can't book until 10 months out. It is difficult to get a summer reservation at Seawatch without ARP (because of the lower points cost there), but it is possible to get summer MB reservations at 10 months at Ocean Blvd or Towers on the Grove.

And I managed to snag a 2 bedroom villa at August 4th check-in at SeaWatch on December 14th, and there was still an August 5th check-in available for a few days after that.

In fact, there is an August 10th 7-night 2 bedroom deluxe available there this morning.

Last edited:

antjmar

Reaction score
And I managed to snag a 2 bedroom villa at August 4th check-in at SeaWatch on December 14th, and there was still an August 5th check-in available for a few days after that.

In fact, there is an August 10th 7-night 2 bedroom deluxe available there this morning.

I was about to post that a 2 br was available but you already did! Can find summer weeks if you are persistant!

Last edited: