• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Seaview in Galloway NJ - Trade Value?

njzees

Reaction score
We are looking at a resale of a 2 BR unit at Seaview in NJ. It is for a platinum week. Can anyone tell me what the trading value is on this unit? I realize that we won't be able to trade into Frenchman's for Christmas week, for example, but would like to get a better idea of what to expect as we have no interest of actually spending our week there.
Thanks!:hi:

LUVourMarriotts

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MFV (P) 2002
MSU (G) 2006
MOW (P) 2018
Enrolled in DP +++
We've owned a platinum week at MFV since 2002. We have received every exchange we've requested. We always plan in advance and usually request 1 year to 10 months in advance. We have exchanged to: Aruba Surf Club (platinum time), Grande Vista (Gold time), Manor Club (platinum time), Barony Beach (platinum time). We currently have a request in for OceanWatch. This has been our longest wait for confirmation, and it's been about 3 months since we placed the request. You also get an AC for every Platinum deposit.

I'd also not count out ever going to MFV. It's a great place and the golfing is great. Lots to do within driving distance too.

alr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Frenchmans Cove
Just Curious

How far out does the average trade confirm?

I am currently very discouraged with the II system...as BRAND NEW platinum Frenchmans Cove owners I thought it would be easy to exchange into a high season ski week in Breck at the end of March 09. The request went in 10 months in advance and we sat on it until this Oct with no luck. I then changed the request to a non-marriott property in Boyne Michigan that we can drive to so we do not need to coordinate flights. We are still waiting on our confirmation for this resort and booked a $2600 backup reservation just in case our trade does not go through. Is this what everyone else does? It's frustrating to find great prices on flights but not have a confirmation yet at the resort.

Any trading tips would be greatly appreciated. Maybe I need to be a little more patient.

stevens397

TUG Member
Reaction score
First year we owned, we traded into Shadow Ridge for President's Week. Requested 6 months in advance and got confirmed four months in advance.

Tried Lake Tahoe Marriott for the summer and had to give up the search before we matched. Switched to a non-Marriott and were confirmed immediately.

Summer 2007 we requested almost a year ahead for Marbella in July and got confirmed in February. Finally, requested Newport Coast for next summer. Made the request 11 months in advance and were confirmed for the last week in June within 2 days!

Fairway Villas was our first timeshare purchase and was, to me, a mistake. We have no desire to ever go there and got caught up in the presentation. That said, lately we've done very well.

sernow

TUG Member
Reaction score

I am currently very discouraged with the II system...as BRAND NEW platinum Frenchmans Cove owners I thought it would be easy to exchange into a high season ski week in Breck at the end of March 09. The request went in 10 months in advance and we sat on it until this Oct with no luck. I then changed the request to a non-marriott property in Boyne Michigan that we can drive to so we do not need to coordinate flights. We are still waiting on our confirmation for this resort and booked a $2600 backup reservation just in case our trade does not go through. Is this what everyone else does? It's frustrating to find great prices on flights but not have a confirmation yet at the resort.

Any trading tips would be greatly appreciated. Maybe I need to be a little more patient.

You may want to consider renting your Frenchmans Cove week. I think you would come out ahead monetarily by renting FC out, and then just renting what you want.

gmarine

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score

Regardless of where you own, Breckenridge in March is among the most difficult trades. Most owners buy to use at that location so there arent a lot of units deposited with II. If you expand your request to include other western ski areas or expand your dates you will have a much better chance of getting your request.