• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Searching in Weeks and Points

JLB

Banned
Reaction score
I know many of us truly enjoy our sickness,

I tried a new search today. The entire tenth month from now, leading up to 303 days through Weeks v. Weeks and Points through Points. That obviously is a search no one intended to be done through Points. :cool:

If anyone can figure out how to search Points through Points for 11/1-11/28/06, for all check-in dates and without duplication of resorts, and without having to search for each week, printing the lists, and then comparing resorts on the four lists, let me know.

JLB

Banned
Reaction score
I figured out how to do the Points search for an entire month. You do one for each week, then eliminate the duplicates to determine how many resorts are available.

Could someone please tell me what the Points for Points exchange fee is and what amount of maintenance fee (at your resort, of course) the following Point totals represent?

74,500:

100,500:

106,500:

110,500:

112,000:

123,000:

Last edited:

Conan

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Maintenance fees for RCI Points properties run about 1/2 cent to 1 cent per point or a little more, with the lower end being the special deals that Tuggers seek out and the higher end being more typical.

Points members pay a $79 exchange fee for a Points exchange, or a $149 exchange fee (domestic) if they exchange on the Weeks side.
Fees

Points dues are $99/year (which includes a free Weeks account).

JLB

Banned
Reaction score
rklein001 said:
Maintenance fees for RCI Points properties run about 1/2 cent to 1 cent per point or a little more, with the lower end being the special deals that Tuggers seek out and the higher end being more typical.

That's quite a range, but you are saying that a 100,000 point exchange typically would cost around $1000 in maintenance fee?

JLB

Banned
Reaction score
That makes it even more quite a range. :cool:

FWIW, the person who leant me their Points account is at .76 cents per point. Everyone probably has some idea where they are at, but does it not seem like that makes exchanges through Points a wide range of prices? If an exchange cost 100,000 points, it could range from $500 to $4000, depending on the MF associated with those points.

Of course, that's true in Weeks, also, the MFs vary.

Now I have what I need to report.

It appeared that if Points has an advantage in selection it might be that month ten months out, when Points can see Points for the first time. That's what I searched, the month preceeding 303 days from today.

Through my Weeks account I saw 38 resorts.

Weeks through Points saw 22 resorts and Points through Points saw 18 resorts. That's 40 total.

The difference was two non-timeshare resorts available through Points.

In my Weeks account I saw the same resorts, check-in dates and unit sizes I saw through Points.

The difference is what each exchange would cost. Of course, through Weeks it is $149 plus a maintenance fee, and that is for any size unit. Everyone can figure what their own cost would be.

Points resorts through Points could get a little pricey.

A 3-bedroom at Orange Lake is 74,500, which would be $99 plus somewhere between $370 and $3000, with $745 being typical.

A 3-bedroom at Summer Bay is 100,500, which would be $99 plus somewhere between $500 and $4000, with $1000 being typical.

A 3-bedroom at Celebration is 106,500, which would be $99 plus somewhere between $532 and $4260, with $1065 being typical.

A unit at Houses at Summer Bay is 110,500, which would be $99 plus somewhere between $550 and $4400, with $1100 being typical.

A 3-bedroom at Silver Lake is 123,000, which would be $99 plus somewhere between $615 and $4920, with $1230 being typical.

Gotta go to dinner.

Bye

JLB

Banned
Reaction score
Then use my typical figures as typical figures. :cool:

Some of those exchanges seem a bit pricey, don't they?

Last edited:

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV and SVV, Wyndham Canterbury, Wyndham Flagstaff
JLB said:
That makes it even more quite a range. :cool:

Points resorts through Points could get a little pricey.

Bye

That's what I figure.

I try to calculate points cost like this

purchase price +(maint fee*10) /10= cost per point per year

anything under 1.2 including purchase price is good
That's what you could get Australian points for a while back.

The best way to use points is to book gc weeks at non points resorts at 24 months.( weeks raiding ) That would only cost about 48,000 pts for a gc beach resort in Florida.

Other wise points are a good value for RID shoulder season weeks.
landmark panama city march or October.

Also points are good for last minute deals for 9000 points or less.

I dont use points for prime time red vacations. It takes too many points.

I do better trading my GC week and getting a bonus week from II,sfx, or trading up with a studio in RCi.

I am somewhat obsessed for getting the best week for the least cost. The problem with this is I end up with too many banked weeks. So far none have gone unused but i have had to rent my FF points once and My hgvc week once.

I probably should sell something.

Last edited: