• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Searching for fixed weeks on e-bay

John37130

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Is it still possible to search for only fixed weeks on e-bay? I used to use the "Timeshare Finder" feature, and I would search on a particular week that I was interested in. For example, when I searched for fixed week 23, I would often get results that showed about 20 weeks that were for sale. Now, e-bay seems to have changed its search engine and when I search for week 23, I get over 1,200 matches. Almost all of these weeks appear to be floating weeks, which isn't what I'm looking for. I feel like I'm looking for a needle in a hay stack now, and it's just not worth my time. Does anyone know if it is still possible to do a search for just fixed weeks?

Thanks for your help!

John

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hmm

Worked for me ? dropped it from 1203 to eight

8 items found in: Timeshares Finder (Save this search)
Show only: Week #: 23Show all
List ViewPicture Gallery Sort by: Time: ending soonestTime: newly listedTime: ending todayTime: new todayPrice: lowest firstPrice: highest firstDistance: nearest firstCountry/Region: sort upCountry/Region: sort downBest

John37130

TUG Member
Reaction score
Still not working for me

Worked for me ? dropped it from 1203 to eight

8 items found in: Timeshares Finder (Save this search)
Show only: Week #: 23Show all
List ViewPicture Gallery Sort by: Time: ending soonestTime: newly listedTime: ending todayTime: new todayPrice: lowest firstPrice: highest firstDistance: nearest firstCountry/Region: sort upCountry/Region: sort downBest

It's still not working for me. I'm using the following page:

http://pages.ebay.com/realestate/timeshares.html

and the only criteria that I'm entering is the Week #. I just did a search on week 23, and it found 1,168 matches. This is exactly how I've searched for fixed weeks in the past, and I would always get 10-20 matches -- and they would be the true fixed weeks. Is there a different way that I should be searching?

Thanks again for your help.

John

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
Followed your link and it worked for me

Are you signed in ????

9 items found in: Timeshares Finder (Save this search)
Show only: Week #: 23

John37130

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ohhh.... so that's how you do it

Yes, I was signed in, so that wasn't the problem -- but I figured it out. They made changes to the system, and I really wasn't paying attention to them. (I guess I'm becoming an old dog, and it's hard for old dogs to learn new tricks ... or to peform a different set of steps to search).:crash: After you perform a search, there is a button on the right hand side of the screen labeled "See search improvements" that you can click on to get an explanation of the changes.

IMHO, the timeshare search capabilities are actually quite a bit better. In the past, if I was interested in fixed weeks 23-31, I had to search on each week separately. Now I can click on the "Week of the Year" section and pick the weeks that I'm interested in, which allows me to search all of them at one time. I can also narrow it down by state, etc.(which I could do in the past, too). So, I need to do it in a two-step process now, but it will actually be a bit faster since I don't need to do a separate search for each week.

Thanks for your help!

John