• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

SDO deposit question

ryanthekiwi

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm an SDO owner with 2 EY units. I only bought the 2nd unit because I got an astoundingly good deal on eBay($1300 + $400 close) for the unit and the 2012 dues were already paid & I get the usage.

Anyways - I'm considering using/renting my 2013 usage. I also want to maintain the flexibility to someday deposit to II.

If I booked a March 2013 week can I immediately deposit the smaller half into II? If I later decide not to use/rent out the larger half can I deposit it later on into II?

I know this is so different from normally making the decision to just deposit automatically into II & Starwood decides what week gets deposited to II.

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
Yes, you could book the larger half and deposit the smaller half in II. If you decide later to cancel the reservation you have until the end of your use year to deposit it in II.

You would be limited to 1 bedroom requests in ongoing searches however, since you deposited two 1 bedroom units. You would also pay two exchange fees.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I'm an SDO owner with 2 EY units. I only bought the 2nd unit because I got an astoundingly good deal on eBay($1300 + $400 close) for the unit and the 2012 dues were already paid & I get the usage.

Anyways - I'm considering using/renting my 2013 usage. I also want to maintain the flexibility to someday deposit to II.

If I booked a March 2013 week can I immediately deposit the smaller half into II? If I later decide not to use/rent out the larger half can I deposit it later on into II?

I know this is so different from normally making the decision to just deposit automatically into II & Starwood decides what week gets deposited to II.

No you can't - you cannot deposit a reserved week - Starwood does not permit you to choose the week that is deposited unless it is a true fixed week. You must go through Starwood to "designate your week for exchange," and there is no week actually deposited at the time - you use the preassigned trading value of your week.

See the Starwood & II FAQ at the top of the forum for all the details.

Last edited:

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
No you can't - you cannot deposit a reserved week - Starwood does not permit you to choose the week that is deposited unless it is a true fixed week. You must go through Starwood to "designate your week for exchange," and there is no week actually deposited at the time - you use the preassigned trading value of your week.

See the Starwood & II FAQ at the top of the forum for all the details.

I assumed Ryan owned a 2 bedroom and was talking about splitting the unit and booking the larger half for March 2013 for his own use/rental, and then just deposit/designate the smaller half as per the Starwood/II rules.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I believe he is asking if he can deposit the reserved week:

BTW - I would not use this TS for a rental - it doesn't command high rental prices. You get the most value as a II trader.

Last edited:

ryanthekiwi

TUG Member
Reaction score
What I was asking is if I were to create a booking to use the larger portion of SDO for spring break of 2013 can I later on decide I wish to deposit that portion(whether its a generic SDO or the actual reserved week I don't care) into Interval so I still get 2 II trades.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
What I was asking is if I were to create a booking to use the larger portion of SDO for spring break of 2013 can I later on decide I wish to deposit that portion(whether its a generic SDO or the actual reserved week I don't care) into Interval so I still get 2 II trades.

Yes - You call Starwood and tell them you want to cancel the reservation, and "designate the week for exchange." They will notify II. With a floating week, you can do this up to the very last day of the year, as long as you cancel your Resv. before the reservation date.

9. You must call and cancel any existing reservation to deposit your week with II.

Impact - If you forget to cancel your reservation, Starwood may deposit a different year than the one you intended to deposit.

13. You can deposit up to the last day of the use year, with no late deposit penalty.

Impact- - This is actually a benefit of the new rules. You probably shouldn't wait until the very last day of the year to deposit your week, since there may be a long wait on the phone, or you might not even get through. If you are trying to make the deposit as late as possible to stretch your exchange window, you might want to make the call mid-December and avoid the last minute crunch.

Last edited:

jarta

TUG Member
Reaction score
saluki, ... I'll accept Salty. But, I'd rather have it be something like aigre-doux. Then, Denise could have the doux. :D ... eom