• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

SDO and control over II trades

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
I got the same message a week ago too. Did they close this pleasant "loophole" for us already????

UGH. Katherine
I got that message a few years ago when I tried to deposit a PGA week with a Friday check-in - the Saturday check-in wasn't a problem....but the SBP I did earlier in this thread was a Sunday check-in....BRB, let me 'play' with my old PGA week.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I got that message a few years ago when I tried to deposit a PGA week with a Friday check-in - the Saturday check-in wasn't a problem....but the SBP I did earlier in this thread was a Sunday check-in....BRB, let me 'play' with my old PGA week.
Okay, I went to the deposit screen - hit deposit and then got to the screen where you put your date.... I entered 3/21/09 and hit next....

Got this message....

Sheraton PGA Vacation Resort · PGN
#XXXXX, 1 bedroom, Sleeps 4
Check-In Date: Saturday, March 21, 2009
Check-Out Date: Saturday, March 28, 2009
Deposit Expiration Date: Monday, March 28, 2011

Deposit Type: If you choose to deposit this unit now, you can request an exchange week from today to two years after the date the home week begins and Interval International will have immediate use of this week. Your deposit expiration date will be March 28, 2011. You will have until your expiration date to complete your travel.

The next button is 'deposit' - I don't want to hit it as I don't own this week anymore - how far did you guys get??? Did you get the message I posted above???
Or were you shut out right away????

Last edited:

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
"Log into your non Starwood II account"

Non Starwood II account?? Are there two kinds of II accounts?? Can someone please explain?

There are MANY kinds of II account - if your Starwood ownership is part of the SVN (Starwood Vacation Network aka StarOptions) then you have a Starwood controlled and paid for thru your SVN fee II account.

If you own a Starwood week that is NOT in the SVN - the week must be deposited in another, non SVN II account - this account can have a variety of resorts/ownerships in it.
SVN II account has ONLY SVN weeks in it.

SDKath

TUG Member
Reaction score
Okay, I went to the deposit screen - hit deposit and then got to the screen where you put your date.... I entered 3/21/09 and hit next....

Got this message....

Sheraton PGA Vacation Resort · PGN
1 bedroom, Sleeps 4
Check-In Date: Saturday, March 21, 2009
Check-Out Date: Saturday, March 28, 2009
Deposit Expiration Date: Monday, March 28, 2011

Deposit Type: If you choose to deposit this unit now, you can request an exchange week from today to two years after the date the home week begins and Interval International will have immediate use of this week. Your deposit expiration date will be March 28, 2011. You will have until your expiration date to complete your travel.

The next button is 'deposit' - I don't want to hit it as I don't own this week anymore - how far did you guys get??? Did you get the message I posted above???
Or were you shut out right away????

I got it AFTER I hit the final deposit button! K

Last edited:

James1975NY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Legally, I don't understand how starwood could do this. If I own at SDO and don't belong to to SVN, in fact as a resale owner I can't even opt in if I wanted to, how can starwood control the week that is deposited in II? :confused:

If you have a pre-existing reservation made, I also disagree that they can force you to deposit another week (although I agree the March week is great).

It sounds to me like Starwood is not transacting while you are still on the phone with them....is that an accurate statement? When I manage the Owner Services, all of the transacting was done while the owner was on the phone (unless systems were down).

grgs

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, WLR, So Cal Beach Club
It sounds to me like Starwood is not transacting while you are still on the phone with them....is that an accurate statement? When I manage the Owner Services, all of the transacting was done while the owner was on the phone (unless systems were down).

Correct. I ended the phone conversation before they completed the banking. I was at work, and didn't have time to get into it. So I just hoped for the best, figuring I would follow up from home if needed.

The rep I spoke with said it there was a "new policy" and that the existing reservation would have to be canceled before the week could be banked.

On the plus side, they said the deposit could take up to 72 hours, but it was done in 2 or less.

Glorian

Last edited:

djyamyam

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Just to follow up--today I tried to deposit my non-SVN SDO week online in Interval using the date I have on my reservation (April 4 check-in). The deposit would not go through

I called Starwood, and they said they would request the April 4 date (or another spring break week) be deposited on my behalf. We'll see.

I'm bummed given the success others had with online depositing. I hope they haven't changed things again. Maybe there's a problem with my particular unit?

Glorian

I got the same message a week ago too. Did they close this pleasant "loophole" for us already????

UGH. Katherine

Things have not changed. I was able to search and confirm an exchange using my non-deposited week online. It took a few days for the confirmation to go through but I had no problem as I was searching using the dates of my reserved week.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Things have not changed. I was able to search and confirm an exchange using my non-deposited week online. It took a few days for the confirmation to go through but I had no problem as I was searching using the dates of my reserved week.
They/We were talking about 'deposit first' - not what you did.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This has changed - used to be the deposit transaction was done by the person who answered the phone - now they tell you another department does it.
I ask to be put on hold while they confirm with the 'other department' that my deposit was made for the date I reserved.

But the last few times I just deposited online - exactly what Kath and Glorian said they are having a problem doing.

Twinkstarr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just stumbled on this thread! As a Lakeside Terrace owner via resale. I'll give this a shot and try depositing my ski week this yr myself.

I only have a Sunday check in, but I think some of you with multiple days you can check in, look and see what the check in dates are listed in II. I think a lot of the *wood weeks II are Sat/Sun in II directory, so perhaps that's why it wouldn't take a Friday.