• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Scottsdale Links Resort

Betsy

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
We are staying for 4 weeks at this resort in January. Using a 1 BR/1BA 5 star trade we have a 2BR/2BA unit at Scottsdale Links. Any info regarding desirable unit location within the resort is appreciated. Also suggestons as to favorite restaurants and or activities are welcome. Thanks!

Betsy

MRSFUSSY

Reaction score
we just returned from Scottsdale. Love it there. We stayed "next door" at the Mc Dowell Mountain Marriott. I think that this is a Diamond Company location. We tried to stay there several years ago, our plane landed late and when we got to the resort there wasn't much staff around. They had us in a 3rd floor unit and my husband is handicapped and no way could he manage the stairs. No elevator.. We were very disappointed. I had this all arranged beforehand but no one knew squat. But the site looks nice, clean, nice plantings etc. As far as restaurants go, Maggiano's, Charleston's, The Good Egg, are just a few that we liked. On the corner of Scottsdale Road & Frank Lloyd Wright (sp?) is a tall blue glass looking stature. This is always our landmark. We know we are close when we see the blue "sphere" as it is affectionately called there. We think it is beautiful, especially at night when it is illuminated. Follow the sign (to the Marriott) (small, blue, right hand side of the road) & it will lead you right to the Links property. Have a good one!

timetravel1

Reaction score
Run, don't walk to the nearest exit!

We stayed at the Links the first week of November and won't be going back any time soon.

If we were going back I would pick building 3, 5 or 9 only if I could get a southern facing unit.

This place is a converted condo with very little green space and wonderful views of the parking lots and roads.

When I saw the pool for the first time I thought of the penguin pool at a local zoo. After a few days I did find the pool to be adequate if crowded. We did take part in the morning aqua exercise program and found it to be great.

The lower floor of building 10 has been taken over by housekeeping and there is a stream of golfcarts coming and going at all hours. The laundry truck picks up at night and drops off in the morning.

Building 11 (where we stayed) houses the Diamond offices on the main floor. The timeshare sales staff meet here in the morning before going to the sales center at Villa Mirage and in the afternoon for a few drinks before going home or to the Links pool for a lounge. Loud and obnoxious.

Several of the other building have the main floor units filled with old appliances. One unit had old stoves on the patio. There were several large storage containers on the west side and a lot of delivery trucks coming and going.

We talked to a Diamond rep and he said that they don't allow Diamond members to stay at the Links. It is used to trap exchangers into a timeshare presentation.

Betsy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Too late to change plans

What a dismal picture you share with us. We were so excited to trade for the entire month in one location. I appreciate your suggestion as to better building choices. Stay tuned as we will be reporting in to TUG in January.

kkan

TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed here in Oct 2007 and had a good time. It is true that the place resembles an apartment complex. The 2br unit we had was spacious and clean. The furnishings and appliances were in good shape. The location was very convenient near 101. The pool was ok. The exercise room was nice. The place does not have much in the way of resort activities, but is a decent place to stay. I would be willing to go back.

Betsy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks!

Thanks for the encouraging words. Amenities are not the big draw for us. A large clean unit in a good location is the goal. Again, stay tuned for our review after we have been there awhile.

bocamike

TUG Member
Reaction score
Stayed here twice, would not hesitate to go back. Big units, clean & good location!
Mike

Betsy

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are here at Scottsdale Links

We are checked in to our 2BR/2BA lower level unit. Very spacious with storage galore. Yes, this resort is not 5 star but location is excellent for getting out and about the area. Size of this unit is a big plus. Friendliness of staff is another. We are not at all disappointed with this exchange. A review will be posted in the near future.

Betsy

TUG Member
Reaction score
We had a great month here

Our 4 week stay at Scottsdale Links is over. We had areally good experience. Building 18 unit 171 was our home for this period. We hated to leave. I have sent in a review.