• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Scottsdale & Golf

Coach Boon

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Seacrest Surf and Racquet ClubHilton Head
I hoping someone can give me a brief overview on golfing in Arizona. My wife and I enjoy golfing (as well as shopping and eating). The courses look great but we don't need to play on championship courses every day. We're likely to play 3 maybe 4 times on a weeks trip.

This forum hints that golf is expensive in Arizona - what that means is rather unclear. We were thinking of staying in the Scottsdale area - Desert Oasis or Camelback the 1st week of May 2012

Any info will be appreciated.

Cheers :wave:

Coachboon

nightnurse613

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
What that means is you can play for $30 for 18 holes or $300 for 18 holes. Phoenix had one of the best public golf course in the country and Scottsdale has many of the finest private courses in the United States. If I recall correctly May is a shoulder golf season - the weather is usually WONDERFUL but the grass is transitioning. This is all hearsay and best recollection, my husband hasn't golfed for years but he still hangs out with guys that do! :whoopie:

tompalm

TUG Member
Reaction score
A few years back, I spent two days a months in Scottsdale every month for about three years. We stayed at the Marriott Suites in Scottsdale and it worked out well for getting discount on the Marriott resort courses. They have two in Camelback plus an executive and another one north of Scottsdale. The hotel is in the middle of town and a great place for an easy walk to watering holes and places to eat. They also have nice resorts on the golf course if you want to go into full golf mode.

The price of golf is all over the scale and varies on time of year and time of day. During the winter, or expensive season, a course that might cost $200 during the day will run $80 during the summer and $50 after 2:00 p.m. May is an ideal time to be there and the price of golf should be pretty reasonable. The weather should be nice and plenty of deals, but not the cheap deals you get when the summer heat hits 115 degrees in the shade. Been there, done that and not worth it.

There is one muni called Papago that gets mixed reviews, but the course is nice and the price is right. If you want to save a buck, check it out. http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attracti...views-Papago_Golf_Course-Phoenix_Arizona.html

There is a course we went to on the east side of town out in the hills. It looked like something out of Golf Digest. There are a lot of courses that are truly amazing, but you will probably need to do your own research and make some phone calls in advance. There are an endless supply of golf courses in this area, all you need is an endless supply of money.

zinger1457

Reaction score
I usually use golfnow.com to get the best rates, just be flexible on the courses you're willing to play. I find they are better then the so called 'discount' rates offered by the resorts. As was mentioned the prices will start coming down in May so you should be able to golf at some really good courses at a reasonable rate.

LynnW

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
We always used golfnow.com but did book with golfhub.com for the first time last month. Check them both.

Lynn

Coach Boon

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Seacrest Surf and Racquet ClubHilton Head
Thanks to everyone. The information is really valuable. :clap: We didn't want to go too late in the year. After all being Canadian we're like the Wicked Witch of the West - we melt under too hot a temperature.

I have some fun homework to do over the holidays. I can no go ahead an plan the stay. It looks like a fun area and we've never been here before.

Cheers and thanks again.