• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Scheduled for more surgery

JudyH

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Will Medicare or insurance cover visiting home health nurse? Maybe they would send an RN due to feeding tube.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes. Feeding tube came out. Clear liquid diet only
My understanding is that one needs to be housebound in order to get home health. Once one is able to drive and is ambulatory, you have to go to them rather than care coming to you.

dneveu

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Cypress Harbor, Marriott Shadow Ridge, Marriott Grand Chateau
I am very glad to hear the feeding tube came out and sending energy and prayers to you for a speedy, uncomplicated and full recovery.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Best wishes, thoughts, and prayers for you. You have been through more than your share of difficulties over the last several years.

I also want to thank you for sharing with us, and to say that this is an example of how TUG represents the best of the intraweb. Although the focus is timesharing, we are also a community, where we bond as friends despite never having seen each other. Sometimes with bonds that are stronger than those we form in actual face-to face interactions. Too much of the web is fractious. TUG, by and large, is communal.

IMHO - the world could use a lot more TUG, particularly the spirit and community shown by you and others in this thread.

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Just to add to the drama, the surgeon just moved my visit up to today. Today was a special day because I was going on a full liquid diet today. For two weeks I have not had anything but clear liquids. I had a puréed soup I was going to eat today. This guy keeps moving the goal posts. If he keeps me on this liquid diet, I will go crazy being hungry

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
And then is it like when starving people or animals are fed? I suppose you will have to start with small amounts, even mushy.

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
And then is it like when starving people or animals are fed? I suppose you will have to start with small amounts, even mushy.
Mush is a few weeks away

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
I found out that I am extremely lucky to be alive and the head of head and neck cancer at UW really did me wrong
I have a hole between my sinus and gums because the cancer was over three and a half inches long. I have to be so careful because I have to get that opening to close. When it heals, I have to watch lymph nodes for spread.

JudyH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow. We are all hoping for the best outcome for you.

mentalbreak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank goodness you were able to get the care you needed now and there is a path to recovery. Praying for a full recovery and clear lymph nodes. Take care.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
Just to add to the drama, the surgeon just moved my visit up to today. Today was a special day because I was going on a full liquid diet today. For two weeks I have not had anything but clear liquids. I had a puréed soup I was going to eat today. This guy keeps moving the goal posts. If he keeps me on this liquid diet, I will go crazy being hungry
I'm so happy to see your post, I have been traveling non-stop for the past 4 weeks and this week I had 3 BOD presentations to give, and one of our BOD members from our European operations asked if I wanted a job in Europe, ahhh... not thanks ---- 4 more years and this gal is retired...

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Three weeks now and still on clear liquid diet. Have to force myself to eat if you call it eating
So sorry you are having to go through this, Pat. Stay strong. You will come through it. TUG hugs to you!

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
Five weeks after surgery, surgeon very pleased with the way it is healing. He says he did radical surgery and thinks I may not need radiation. Hole from mouth to sinus closed! Because tumor was so large, he is seriously considering removing lymph nodes. Very close to fourth stage. I would like to watch and see. I must start exercises to be able to open my mouth.
he originally said I would need to see him every two weeks, now he said six weeks. Bad news, he is leaving the practice in three weeks. I need to find his new office online and follow him.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Wow, you've been through a lot. So glad to hear the hole has healed. I hope things continue to go well for you (and your surgeon stays close enough to be convenient (or at least accessible) for you)!

mentalbreak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear your healing continues. Take good care.

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
Five weeks after surgery, surgeon very pleased with the way it is healing. He says he did radical surgery and thinks I may not need radiation. Hole from mouth to sinus closed! Because tumor was so large, he is seriously considering removing lymph nodes. Very close to fourth stage. I would like to watch and see. I must start exercises to be able to open my mouth.
he originally said I would need to see him every two weeks, now he said six weeks. Bad news, he is leaving the practice in three weeks. I need to find his new office online and follow him.
After my second partial glossectomy, I had a Right Partial Neck Dissection to have my Right Lymph Glands removed and sent for a Pathology Report.
The Pathology Report said that none of the Glands showed any sign of Cancer spread. Follow-Up exams every 3 months with my Oncologist since then
have continued to show no sign of Cancer Return!

Stay Strong!

Richard

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I hope you can follow your surgeon. He sounds like a keeper.
------------------------
I had 3 PCP's relocate (how rude!) and I chose not to follow...
I now have one 5 minutes from home, across from my grocery.