• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Scathing Review of Atlantis Bahamas

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
I can speak for myself and when I go I get exceptional service, maybe because I know Go a lot and staff know me. But I can say with people on the island, it’s their culture to give exceptional service to those who are respectful. I’ve seen some of the staff take abuse and still have a smile. The overall consensus from some of the employees there is the clientele has changed. I even see it, the guests are demanding and rude. I’d expect them to be even worse. I’ve been to other islands and received far much worse customer service than I’ve ever received in the Bahamas in general.

believe it or not, the VAT has also affected the demeanor of the locals.

I haven’t been there in a long time, so if things have changed I would not know about it. For myself I had generally good service, but I’m also careful not to request anything extra unless it’s absolutely necessary. In Maui, I’ve had problems with valet, front desk (repeatedly), housekeeping, etc - the vast majority are great, but it’s not universal. The only timeshare resorts I’ve been to repeatedly that had universally fantastic service are the Four Seasons, which really shows what can be done if the company tries.

As for demanding and rude guests...that’s how Americans are generally referred to anywhere but in the US. I’ve had numerous foreigners mention it to me (once they determine I’m not a crazy American (definition of which can’t be posted on TUG)). I’ve also seen it happen repeatedly, especially in the last few years as I go on more cruises which seem filled with these overbearing Americans. We should really teach how to travel in a courteous and respectful manner. Until then, I do my utmost to do my own thing and avoid them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
I haven’t been there in a long time, so if things have changed I would not know about it. For myself I had generally good service, but I’m also careful not to request anything extra unless it’s absolutely necessary. In Maui, I’ve had problems with valet, front desk (repeatedly), housekeeping, etc - the vast majority are great, but it’s not universal. The only timeshare resorts I’ve been to repeatedly that had universally fantastic service are the Four Seasons, which really shows what can be done if the company tries.

As for demanding and rude guests...that’s how Americans are generally referred to anywhere but in the US. I’ve had numerous foreigners mention it to me (once they determine I’m not a crazy American (definition of which can’t be posted on TUG)). I’ve also seen it happen repeatedly, especially in the last few years as I go on more cruises which seem filled with these overbearing Americans. We should really teach how to travel in a courteous and respectful manner. Until then, I do my utmost to do my own thing and avoid them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sounds like you and I would get along. Ive traveled throughout the world and watch other Americans, I just shake my head. I’m sure posting the definition of CA on TUG wouldn’t be accepted but I’d sure as hell “like” the post.
I’m the same, I don’t complain or request unless it’s absolutely necessary.

remowidget

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar X3
Two years ago, we went to harborside for 10 nights in January and weren't impressed. Probably won't go back. There is a busy road going through the middle of the resort. It is sunken, but at times we could hear road noise all through our villa. The pool closes at 5, so if you come back from doing something during the day you might not be able to even get in it. Our room needed a complete update. The water was aweful. Atlantis was ok, but way too crowded. No credit for stays in Marriott because it isn't part of Bonvoy.

pacman777

TUG Member
Reaction score
We got to experience Harborside and Atlantis for about 8 hours when we were on a Disney cruise a few years ago. Rather than buying the overpriced Atlantis passes from Disney, we booked a Tuesday one night stay at Harborside using options which I equate to about $90 in maintenance fees paid on a per point basis. Got 4 Atlantis passes included for my family and saved about $800. Checked into the unit and took a walk around then headed to Atlantis for the day. Probably the best return on StarOptions ever. Haha. Atlantis was fun but nothing as impressive as what I imagined it to be. I thought the pyramid that you slide from would be much higher than I envisioned from the commercials I grew up watching in the 90s. We did enjoy the rapid river which was probably the best part and unique as I have never seen something like that anywhere else. Wish Schlitterbahn would build something like that in Texas where you can just hop in and out of like a lazy river. Food was ridiculously overpriced for low quality park food. I would never go there just to stay for a week on our own given all the other great beach options that Vistana has to offer such as Cancun and Hawaii. Cancun has some great water parks like Xel-Ha which we love.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
I guess when they know they're getting at least a 16% tip, they don't have to be that good.

emeryjre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Perhaps he is highlighting the deferred maintenance to help someone negotiate a better purchase price for the resort complex?

Sv1plat52

Reaction score
The resdoes need a refresh. Prices are high, etc, but when it comes to staff, there is a golden rule: TIP

When I was there, a gentleman was complaining/mentioning that the service in Mexico was better. he was also tipping as if he were in Mexico....

TIP like a VIP and you will get VIP treatment.
(Home Alone 101)

This goes the same for the owners of the place. Pay your employees so that they do not view you and the guests as “Enemies”.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
We got to experience Harborside and Atlantis for about 8 hours when we were on a Disney cruise a few years ago. Rather than buying the overpriced Atlantis passes from Disney, we booked a Tuesday one night stay at Harborside using options which I equate to about $90 in maintenance fees paid on a per point basis. Got 4 Atlantis passes included for my family and saved about $800. Checked into the unit and took a walk around then headed to Atlantis for the day. Probably the best return on StarOptions ever. Haha. Atlantis was fun but nothing as impressive as what I imagined it to be. I thought the pyramid that you slide from would be much higher than I envisioned from the commercials I grew up watching in the 90s. We did enjoy the rapid river which was probably the best part and unique as I have never seen something like that anywhere else. Wish Schlitterbahn would build something like that in Texas where you can just hop in and out of like a lazy river. Food was ridiculously overpriced for low quality park food. I would never go there just to stay for a week on our own given all the other great beach options that Vistana has to offer such as Cancun and Hawaii. Cancun has some great water parks like Xel-Ha which we love.
I no longer eat lunch at the Atlantis for what you just said. It’s overpriced park food. I make sandwiches and have a titan backpack cooler which keeps ice all day on the beach I picked up in costco. It doubles as my travel backpack when on the way there. I grocery shop and make sandwiches and sit on the beach at the nice part without the hoards of people. I can be quite nice if you stay at Atlantis if you’re ok with prepping breakfast and lunch. Plus I don’t feel like I over ate garbage.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
I no longer eat lunch at the Atlantis for what you just said. It’s overpriced park food. I make sandwiches and have a titan backpack cooler which keeps ice all day on the beach I picked up in costco. It doubles as my travel backpack when on the way there. I grocery shop and make sandwiches and sit on the beach at the nice part without the hoards of people. I can be quite nice if you stay at Atlantis if you’re ok with prepping breakfast and lunch. Plus I don’t feel like I over ate garbage.
Not just the cost, but the VAT and 16% tip. Add 25% TO all food you order, even counter service.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Not just the cost, but the VAT and 16% tip. Add 25% TO all food you order, even counter service.
I’m ok with 16% tip since that’s what I’d tip anyway. As far as the VAT. That does stink I can’t lie.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Nassau is the one port that we will never keep off a cruise ship because of the bad experience with a Bahamian security officer.

Last edited:

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Nassau is the one port that we will never keep off a cruise ship because of the bad experience with the a Bahamian security officer.
Never let one jerk spoil what could be a good time.

cman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Nassau is the one port that we will never keep off a cruise ship because of the bad experience with the a Bahamian security officer.

Not sure of the extent of your interaction with the security officer. But don't let one bad apple spoil it for you. Just sayin...