• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Saved by you guys and TUG

45#1

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ocean 22
My wife and I are members of HGVC in Myrtle Beach, Ocean 22. We are spending the week that is reserved for the July 4th week at Ocean 22. But, it was almost a disaster week. Monday, July 6th we met with a HGVC salesman that they arraigned. He sold us to upgrade our Ocean 22 resort to the newer Enclave 2 BR. We also bought into a 1BR in the new Charleston SC Hilton resort that will be open in 2021. We financed a ton...let say it was under $100,000. Well, last night my wife and I got on our laptops and came across your the TUG website. Wow! Needless to say we took the advice of the "experts" on board here. We RAN! We just got back from the HGVC office and cancelled both contracts well within the 5 days. The cancellation went without a hitch. Thank you everyone for saving us a ton of money. Looking into the future and still HGVC club members we will be on the TUG BBS message board and can't wait getting educated from you guys. Thanks again!

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
My wife and I are members of HGVC in Myrtle Beach, Ocean 22. We are spending the week that is reserved for the July 4th week at Ocean 22. But, it was almost a disaster week. Monday, July 6th we met with a HGVC salesman that they arraigned. He sold us to upgrade our Ocean 22 resort to the newer Enclave 2 BR. We also bought into a 1BR in the new Charleston SC Hilton resort that will be open in 2021. We financed a ton...let say it was under $100,000. Well, last night my wife and I got on our laptops and came across your the TUG website. Wow! Needless to say we took the advice of the "experts" on board here. We RAN! We just got back from the HGVC office and cancelled both contracts well within the 5 days. The cancellation went without a hitch. Thank you everyone for saving us a ton of money. Looking into the future and still HGVC club members we will be on the TUG BBS message board and can't wait getting educated from you guys. Thanks again!

Congrats on saving $100K. With all that savings you might consider spending $15 to become a TUG Member (versus a guest).

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Congratulations on finding TUG! I would also suggest sending a rescission letter via mail or whatever method is spelled out in the contract. While I wouldn't expect Hilton to do something shady like "lose" your in person recission, it is better safe than sorry.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Welcome to Tug, love that you found us in time.

There are so many good HGVC resales at a small fraction of the cost that you almost spent.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
wow...amazing! so very happy you dodged that expensive bullet!

Reaction score

Congrats...now here is advice #2...use less bold in your posts :)

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
I would also suggest sending a rescission letter via mail or whatever method is spelled out in the contract.
Welcome, I also agree with the advice given by @dioxide45. HGVC is a standup company, but certainly, want to ensure that you have followed the official process to ensure that they will cancel your contracts.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
Welcome, I also agree with the advice given by @dioxide45. HGVC is a standup company, but certainly, want to ensure that you have followed the official process to ensure that they will cancel your contracts.
Yup, I agree. Send the letter via usps just to be safe

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
good job. You have 1 time to rescind, you have a lifetime to repurchase (resale).

JustynaC

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Newport Coast, Marriott's Aruba Ocean Club, Villa Del Palmar Cancun, El Cid Marina & Yacht Club, Four Seasons Aviara
Wow! That's incredible! Welcome to TUG.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Don’t make another 100K mistake. Send a certified letter if you still can! Make sure both sign the letter of intent to cancel. Congrats on saving the 100K. Other tuggers in the past have taken half of the money they saved and sent some of us a check with their saving. I can PM you my address. Personal check is fine HAHAH. kidding.

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score
TUG is a wonderful Forum for timeshare facts and education. We also have to take into consideration that we are on the WWW and there is a degree of anonymity of new guests. While I welcome and applaud your new found savings and respect your post I need more proof given the claim of less than $100,000.

We attract a large number of guests to the forums that make all sorts of claims over the years. So called salespeople, fake references, people trying to sell snake oil, you name it. Although I myself don't visit and post regularly there are people on TUG that can vouch for my existence.

With all due respect... Can you please back up your claim. $100,000 is a lot of money even if financed. I find it hard to believe someone would put about $100,000 on the line without performing due diligence prior to signing on the dotted line.

I need to fact check your claim.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
TUG is a wonderful Forum for timeshare facts and education. We also have to take into consideration that we are on the WWW and there is a degree of anonymity of new guests. While I welcome and applaud your new found savings and respect your post I need more proof given the claim of less than $100,000.

We attract a large number of guests to the forums that make all sorts of claims over the years. So called salespeople, fake references, people trying to sell snake oil, you name it. Although I myself don't visit and post regularly there are people on TUG that can vouch for my existence.

With all due respect... Can you please back up your claim. $100,000 is a lot of money even if financed. I find it hard to believe someone would put about $100,000 on the line without performing due diligence prior to signing on the dotted line.

I need to fact check your claim.

I am probably more cynical than most but I don’t see anything in the OP,s statements to suggest an ulterior motive. He purchased two deeds and admits it was something under $100,000, which isn’t out of line for two retail deeds. He didn’t have anything negative to say about HGVC or the sales reps, said he rescinded after finding TUG, and is still a happy timeshare owner with his current HGVC. You say that you find it hard to believe that the OP didn’t do due diligence prior to signing on the dotted line but doesn’t everyone who purchases a timeshare at a presentation do so without due diligence? Unlike most people who purchase from the developer he did his due diligence after the fact and in time to rescind. This all seems legit to me but maybe I am missing something.

Last edited:

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
While I welcome and applaud your new found savings and respect your post I need more proof given the claim of less than $100,000.
I agree with @RX8. I don't see anything in OPs statements to suggest an ulterior motive.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
I am probably more cynical than most but I don’t see anything in the OP,s statements to suggest an ulterior motive. He purchased two deeds and admits it was something under $100,000, which isn’t out of line for two retail deeds. He didn’t have anything negative to say about HGVC or the sales reps, said he rescinded after finding TUG, and is still a happy timeshare owner with his current HGVC. You say that you find it hard to believe that the OP didn’t do due diligence prior to signing on the dotted line but doesn’t everyone who purchases a timeshare at a presentation do so without due diligence? Unlike most people who purchase from the developer he did his due diligence after the fact and in time to rescind. This all seems legit to me but maybe I am missing something.
Sounds about right to me.

tombanjo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HCNY
People regularly spend 50K on a timeshare without the blink of an eye. I was quoted over 100K for the Quin. Every single resale was a developer purchase to start with. Not hard to believe a combined sale was put together in that area. In theory, people are supposed to be qualified with a fairly high income to be eligible for a sale presentation.

Reaction score
I just found out that a relative of mine bought 7k + 7k at Elara for almost $60k, so the $100k claim here is plausible, but it would be nice to have more details like resort, points, season, full price, etc, not to give the buyer a hard time, but it still amazes me to see the retail prices are so high

The original poster has only one post, stated they own Ocean 22, and are from Jacksonville. A 14,000 point contract direct from HGVC would probably be $120,000 (just a guess)

Even the user name 45#1 may be a political reference to the president....did anyone else catch that

Last edited:

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just found out that a relative of mine bought 7k + 7k at Elara for almost $60k, so the $100k claim here is plausible, but it would be nice to have more details like resort, points, season, full price, etc, not to give the buyer a hard time, but it still amazes me to see the retail prices are so high

The original poster has only one post, stated they own Ocean 22, and are from Jacksonville. A 14,000 point contract direct from HGVC would probably be $120,000 (just a guess)

Even the user name 45#1 may be a political reference to the president....did anyone else catch that

Wow. That is a hidden message. Good one. Now I am even more suspicious :unsure:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
they havent been back since the first post, so perhaps they will chime to answer more questions in the future.

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)
At a presentation last November they offered us a GI week worth 14,400 points for around $130k. The pitch was that this would get us to an Elite level. $100k doesn't seem too outrageous and what they try to sell you probably depends on your profile.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Not to be political, but Jacksonville is also the announced new location of the Republican Convention.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
they havent been back since the first post, so perhaps they will chime to answer more questions in the future.
On another forum on read, they label certain posters like this as "Hit and Run".

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies