• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Saratoga Springs Resort Stay Comments/The New Way?

ironsied

Reaction score
How warm was the water coming from the cold tap? I ask because I have that problem at home every summer here in Texas (weather very similar to Orlando). Our (uninsulated) water pipes run in the attic, and when I wash my hands in our bathroom the water on a 95° or hotter day is often just plain hot.
The cold water faucet came out with cold water for a few seconds then warm.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
This person is posting the same thing over and over again.

Fido Chuckwagon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort; Wyndham Bonnet Creek; Wyndham Bali Hai; Wyndham Canterbury; Wyndham Grand Desert; Marriott Grand Chateau
So much for a reservation request.{the resort was not
full}.
This is surprising. DVC operates at nearly 100 percent capacity basically all the time.

3.I requested a late checkout and was told NO by guest relations.
I asked why and was told since I belong to DVC it is not available.
Only paying guests are able to have one.
I have never heard of anyone being granted a late checkout in a DVC room basically ever. Certainly not recently. Again, operating at nearly 100 percent capacity, housekeeping is on an incredibly tight timetable to turn these rooms around, and as an owner I’d much rather not have to pay more in maintenance fees to hire more housekeeping and/or have to deal with rooms not being ready on time.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
hopefully they were just getting an error trying to post replies

ironsied

Reaction score
Obviously the biggest issue and like @AnnaS I am surprised that you were not offered another unit earlier. I am curious....did you ask to be moved after Engineering failed to resolve the issue the first time?

In all our years of ownership (since 2008) we've never had an issue that made our villa uninhabitable so I can't speak to compensation.

'Close to the elevator' is a popular request...particular in resorts like SSR which have only one set of elevators. That said, sometimes they are more successful in granting our requests than others.

Standard Operating Procedure for all of our timeshares...not just DVC. Though I would be surprised if they actually grant late checkouts to cash guests...I'm guessing that's just something they told you.
When I talked to guest relations about no cold water after the failure of the first fix they sent engineering out again and again.
Yes , I understand next to elevator is a popular request but the resort was not full and the check in staff could have told me they could not do it.
I have had no problems at DVC in the past with late checkouts . I have no problem with late checkouts at other timeshares I have. Why would
they make up something false "granting cash guests late check outs"? It all dependent on occupancy coming in , not whether one is DVC or cash
paying.
Thank you for reply

ironsied

Reaction score
Obviously the biggest issue and like @AnnaS I am surprised that you were not offered another unit earlier. I am curious....did you ask to be moved after Engineering failed to resolve the issue the first time?

In all our years of ownership (since 2008) we've never had an issue that made our villa uninhabitable so I can't speak to compensation.

'Close to the elevator' is a popular request...particular in resorts like SSR which have only one set of elevators. That said, sometimes they are more successful in granting our requests than others.

Standard Operating Procedure for all of our timeshares...not just DVC. Though I would be surprised if they actually grant late checkouts to cash guests...I'm guessing that's just something they told you.
1. I did not request to be moved after the first time. GS sent Engineering again. It should be noted in other timeshares I have that the manager of engineering contacts
with the status of the issue.
2. Late checkouts should be based on incoming arrivals not whether DVC or cash paying.

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
When I talked to guest relations about no cold water after the failure of the first fix they sent engineering out again and again.
Yes , I understand next to elevator is a popular request but the resort was not full and the check in staff could have told me they could not do it.
I have had no problems at DVC in the past with late checkouts . I have no problem with late checkouts at other timeshares I have. Why would
they make up something false "granting cash guests late check outs"?
Thank you for reply

I have an issue with one of my sinks (as well as one of at my sons house), I need to run the water a full minute or so (I don't time it) before the warm gets warm, eventually hot. But of course, yes, it can happen where you did not get water warm, warm enough/hot to wash, etc. Again, I think if room was available, they should have offered to move you or you could have asked/tried especially if it was completely cold and never even got warm enough for you. Again, even a small compensation, dinner, LL. I know they can't offer for every little inconvenience. So many complaints I am sure. Did it reach warm and not warm enough.......just curious - makes no difference really.

Not sure how long you have been a DVC member - but there are just no late check-outs regardless if you knew/think the resort was at full capacity. Even if it is not at full capacity......it is just not offered/given. 100% - not much in life is 100%. There is always that one time..but think of the number of rooms/guests...so safe to say it's not offered.

Don't compare stays with cash and stays with points. Just two different conversations.

There is always the chance of some issues with stays. Some minor, some significant to impact our stays. None are perfect. I don't expect them to be. I go with the flow so I don't get disappointed. I have also been pleasantly surprised many times with positive/above positive things.

If you hang around, you will read all sort of stories, good, not so good from members staying at all timeshares. Many questions are answered before you even ask or think of it. Hopefully your next stay will be a positive one.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The warm water issues seems odd. It is normal in summer for water to be warm out of the cold until it runs a while due to ground warming. It should not be truly hot. If it was just warm that shouldn't be a big deal but if it was truly hot, you should have asked to be moved if they could not fix it. I'm curious what you were told? Were you told it was normal and it just wasn't to your liking or did they admit there was an actual problem. Were the lines reversed?

IMO being upset about room location and no late check out are unreasonble for DVC. They already have about the latest check out I've seen for a timeshare at 11. How full the resort was or wan't is irrelevant, IMO.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
The warm water issues seems odd. It is normal in summer for water to be warm out of the cold until it runs a while due to ground warming. It should not be truly hot. If it was just warm that shouldn't be a big deal but if it was truly hot, you should have asked to be moved if they could not fix it. I'm curious what you were told? Were you told it was normal and it just wasn't to your liking or did they admit there was an actual problem. Were the lines reversed?

IMO being upset about room location and no late check out are unreasonble for DVC. They already have about the latest check out I've seen for a timeshare at 11. How full the resort was or wan't is irrelevant, IMO.
I can't seem to understand the issue with no cold water. Unless there wasn't hot water from all the faucets, then I don't see an issue. There is nothing in most homes and no timeshare units that activly chills water to make it cold. So what you get out of the tap is water that is from the local water supply. The water may be cool for a few seconds or minutes until water in the interior pipes is cleared. Those pipes may have cool water as the pipes inside the unit are inside walls surrounded by air conditioning. Once that water is clear, now you get water from pipes outside the unit and close to ground surface. In Florida this can mean warm water. I notice this when we are in Aruba, there is never actually cold water from a faucet.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I can't seem to understand the issue with no cold water. Unless there wasn't hot water from all the faucets, then I don't see an issue. There is nothing in most homes and no timeshare units that activly chills water to make it cold. So what you get out of the tap is water that is from the local water supply. The water may be cool for a few seconds or minutes until water in the interior pipes is cleared. Those pipes may have cool water as the pipes inside the unit are inside walls surrounded by air conditioning. Once that water is clear, now you get water from pipes outside the unit and close to ground surface. In Florida this can mean warm water. I notice this when we are in Aruba, there is never actually cold water from a faucet.
I agree it's a little confusing. Alternatives are the lines were switched which should mean cold on the other side or just the ground warming. For ground warming it's usually cool then warm then cool again if you run it long enough. For a house this doesn't usually take too long but for a longer and larger line, it can take longer. So either something very unusual or unreasonable expectations which would make it 3 for 3 IMO.

jp10558

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Seaworld
Wyndham Smoky Mountains
Foxrun Lake Lure
I agree it's a little confusing. Alternatives are the lines were switched which should mean cold on the other side or just the ground warming. For ground warming it's usually cool then warm then cool again if you run it long enough. For a house this doesn't usually take too long but for a longer and larger line, it can take longer. So either something very unusual or unreasonable expectations which would make it 3 for 3 IMO.
Yea, I have to say I agree - maybe it's living out in the country, but both hot and cold can be tepid for a bit till the relevant line clears. And our cold is only cold due to being northerly and a deepish well. It sounds like the OP expects chilled water out of the tap? That isn't normal, nor is it "broken" if the cold isn't HOT like heated by a hot water heater of some sort.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
Water coming out of the tap will be whatever the ambient temperature surrounding the line is. What is your temperature for cold water that you ate expecting? What was the temperature coming out of faucet? That might help us understand the problem.

Wow, ALL your stays at timeshares, you were granted late checkout past the posted times? You are lucky for sure.

All my timeshare stays (DVC, MVC, HGVC, Wyndham, Shell and a couple other systems) have never been allowed late checkout past posted times. This has never been granted in any of my 600 plus stays with the various systems. You have been incredibly lucky. What systems besides DVC granted you this? I have at least 100 DVC stays (over 500 nights) and not once have I been able to get a late checkout. What did you do to get a late checkout? I have had late checkout with hotel stays but never using timeshare systems.

Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Water coming out of the tap will be whatever the ambient temperature surrounding the line is. What is your temperature for cold water that you ate expecting? What was the temperature coming out of faucet? That might help us understand the problem.

Wow, ALL your stays at timeshares, you were granted late checkout past the posted times? You are lucky for sure.

All my timeshare stays (DVC, MVC, HGVC, Wyndham, Shell and a couple other systems) have never been allowed late checkout past posted times. This has never been granted in any of my 600 plus stays with the various systems. You have been incredibly lucky. What systems besides DVC granted you this? I have at least 100 DVC stays (over 500 nights) and not once have I been able to get a late checkout. What did you do to get a late checkout? I have had late checkout with hotel stays but never using timeshare systems.

Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk
I have had late check outs a number of times. The only ones I recall with MVC were where we were changing resorts or Villas in the same location, locations where it was SOP. This including changing villas at Aruba Surf Club and changing villas or even resorts on HHI. I don't recall ever asking for MVC otherwise. It is quite common for Bluegreen to allow some late check outs. When at Patrick Henry in June we were granted a 12 PM check out and could have gotten 2 PM. They actually had a sign up and once that sign up was full, no more late check outs. But overall is quite uncommon