• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Saratoga Springs Resort Stay Comments/The New Way?

ironsied

Reaction score
Hi Everybody,
I just got back from my trip to WDW and stayed at SSR.
Based on my previous stays things have changed not for the
better at SSR based in my opinion. Maybe this is the New Way:
First, the grounds and pool were great. I can not say the food
was though.
Issues:
1. My unit had a problem with no cold water. Engineering
came over three times to fixed it and said they did each time but
there was still no cold water. On day three of our five night
stay , guest services offered to give us to another unit.
But still no explaination why no cold water in the unit.
We refused as we had already bought a ton of bottled water and
60% of our stay was done.
2. We requested an unit close to an elevator but were given one
far from it. So much for a reservation request.{the resort was not
full}.
3.I requested a late checkout and was told NO by guest relations.
I asked why and was told since I belong to DVC it is not available.
Only paying guests are able to have one.
Have any of these issues above happened to anyone else?
If so how were they resolved?
Regards

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
:( to read you had some issues and disappointments during your stay.

There are no late check-outs for DVC stays.

Requests are not guaranteed. 50/50 - sometimes we get it, sometimes we don't. (DVC since 2000).

You might read/hear about a late check-out here and there - but very, very rare. We had one - but I have only requested a late check-out once - many years ago at OKW. Was able to stay an extra two hours but left after one hour. My dd was not feeling well.

It has been many years since we stayed at SSR. We are staying here next month. Hopefully no issues. Looking forward to the reno.

I am surprised you were not offered another unit after your first night/day. There are times when a small compensation is given/offered for inconveniences. Depends on the issue/manager/how it's all handled, etc. etc.

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just got back from my trip to WDW and stayed at SSR...

1. My unit had a problem with no cold water....On day three of our five night
stay , guest services offered to give us to another unit....
Obviously the biggest issue and like @AnnaS I am surprised that you were not offered another unit earlier. I am curious....did you ask to be moved after Engineering failed to resolve the issue the first time?

In all our years of ownership (since 2008) we've never had an issue that made our villa uninhabitable so I can't speak to compensation.

2. We requested an unit close to an elevator but were given one far from it. So much for a reservation request.{the resort was not full}.

'Close to the elevator' is a popular request...particular in resorts like SSR which have only one set of elevators. That said, sometimes they are more successful in granting our requests than others.

3.I requested a late checkout and was told NO by guest relations. I asked why and was told since I belong to DVC it is not available.
Standard Operating Procedure for all of our timeshares...not just DVC. Though I would be surprised if they actually grant late checkouts to cash guests...I'm guessing that's just something they told you.

Janann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC on the Boulevard, Las Vegas;
Disney's Saratoga Springs
1. Sorry to hear about the water issue. Its unfortunate that you didn't ask for a different unit earlier, or that DVC didn't offer a unit earlier. Regardless, switching units would have been a hassle. But with regards to "no explanation" on the reason for the lack of cold water, management doesn't owe you the mechanical reason for the plumbing problem.

2. Sometimes you get your requests, sometimes you don't. On my most recent visit, I had completed the two online requests, and didn't get either one. Something that might help is a phone call before your visit instead of an online request.

3. DVC just doesn't offer late check-out. The maid service has their schedule, and DVC isn't willing to move it around.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I can understand a unit not having hot water (water heater is broke), but how would a unit not have cold water? I mean, that is a bigger issue with plumbing. How would it have not been reported by previous guests? It isn't like renovations were just completed and you would be one of the first in a newly refurbed unit. In a newly refurbed unit I could possibly see a switch of hot and cold at the source. Was the cold water actually hot, or just not cold? Tepid?

noreenkate

TUG Member
Reaction score
I can not say the food
was though.
Issues:
1. My unit had a problem with no cold water. Engineering
came over three times to fixed it and said they did each time but
there was still no cold water. On day three of our five night
stay , guest services offered to give us to another unit.
But still no explaination why no cold water in the unit.
We refused as we had already bought a ton of bottled water and
60% of our stay was done.
2. We requested an unit close to an elevator but were given one
far from it. So much for a reservation request.{the resort was not
full}.
3.I requested a late checkout and was told NO by guest relations.

SSR was never one of our favorites for food…but agreed it gone down hill considerably since the shutdown. While I was never a fan of Turf Club, Artist Palette went from decent to inedible.

We only had a problem once at SSR one of the showers in the 3 bedroom villa wasn’t working and maintenance came out at 11pm and had it fixed by 11:30. Again that was pre-Covid and much of the staff has changed. I have on

Can I ask how you put your request in? I have never had luck with requests during the online checkin process but have had much better luck using touringplans room request fax service.

Pretty sure late check-outs aren’t a thing for DVC. But I haven’t really needed it considering they hold luggage and offer use of the resort. The only time we had a significant delay between checking out and our flight was at Auluni- but again they gave new key cards for the resort and had a pretty decent lounge type area to change in before our flights.

TheHolleys87

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
My unit had a problem with no cold water.
How warm was the water coming from the cold tap? I ask because I have that problem at home every summer here in Texas (weather very similar to Orlando). Our (uninsulated) water pipes run in the attic, and when I wash my hands in our bathroom the water on a 95° or hotter day is often just plain hot.

ironsied

Reaction score
Obviously the biggest issue and like @AnnaS I am surprised that you were not offered another unit earlier. I am curious....did you ask to be moved after Engineering failed to resolve the issue the first time?

In all our years of ownership (since 2008) we've never had an issue that made our villa uninhabitable so I can't speak to compensation.

'Close to the elevator' is a popular request...particular in resorts like SSR which have only one set of elevators. That said, sometimes they are more successful in granting our requests than others.

Standard Operating Procedure for all of our timeshares...not just DVC. Though I would be surprised if they actually grant late checkouts to cash guests...I'm guessing that's just something they told you.
When I talked to guest relations about no cold water after the failure of the first fix they sent engineering out again and again.
Yes , I understand next to elevator is a popular request but the resort was not full and the check in staff could have told me they could not do it.
I have had no problems at DVC in the past with late checkouts . I have no problem with late checkouts at other timeshares I have. Why would
they make up something false "granting cash guests late check outs"?
Thank you for reply

ironsied

Reaction score
I can understand a unit not having hot water (water heater is broke), but how would a unit not have cold water? I mean, that is a bigger issue with plumbing. How would it have not been reported by previous guests? It isn't like renovations were just completed and you would be one of the first in a newly refurbed unit. In a newly refurbed unit I could possibly see a switch of hot and cold at the source. Was the cold water actually hot, or just not cold? Tepid?
The cold water faucet came out with cold water for a few seconds then warm.

ironsied

Reaction score

Requests are not guaranteed. 50/50 - sometimes we get it, sometimes we don't. (DVC since 2000).

You might read/hear about a late check-out here and there - but very, very rare. We had one - but I have only requested a late check-out once - many years ago at OKW. Was able to stay an extra two hours but left after one hour. My dd was not feeling well.

It has been many years since we stayed at SSR. We are staying here next month. Hopefully no issues. Looking forward to the reno.

I am surprised you were not offered another unit after your first night/day. There are times when a small compensation is given/offered for inconveniences. Depends on the issue/manager/how it's all handled, etc. etc.
When I talked to guest relations about no cold water after the failure of the first fix they sent engineering out again and again.
Yes , I understand next to elevator is a popular request but the resort was not full and the check in staff could have told me they could not do it.
I have had no problems at DVC in the past with late checkouts . I have no problem with late checkouts at other timeshares I have. Why would
Thank you for reply

ironsied

Reaction score

Thank you for reply

ironsied

Reaction score

Thank you for reply

ironsied

Reaction score
How warm was the water coming from the cold tap? I ask because I have that problem at home every summer here in Texas (weather very similar to Orlando). Our (uninsulated) water pipes run in the attic, and when I wash my hands in our bathroom the water on a 95° or hotter day is often just plain hot.
The cold water came out for a few seconds then went warm.

ironsied

Reaction score

Thank you for reply

ironsied

Reaction score
Thank you for reply

ironsied

Reaction score

Thank you for reply

ironsied

Reaction score

Thank you for reply

ironsied

Reaction score

Thank you for reply

ironsied

Reaction score

Thank you for reply

ironsied

Reaction score

Thank you for reply

ironsied

Reaction score

Thank you for reply

ironsied

Reaction score

Thank you for reply

ironsied

Reaction score
The cold water was cold for a few seconds then went warm.
Thank you for reply

ironsied

Reaction score

Thank you for reply

ironsied

Reaction score

Thank you for reply