• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Samuel Rodriguez- Sellingtimeshares.net

potchak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone work with him? Trying to purchase a Silver oceanfront Oceanwatch and want to make sure he's on the up and up.

jlepstein1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ocean Pointe, Beachplace, Barony
Anyone work with him? Trying to purchase a Silver oceanfront Oceanwatch and want to make sure he's on the up and up.
I have not bought anything through him, but we've spoken a few times. He seems very knowledgable and reliable, with good follow though. The prices he quoted me were reasonable under current market conditions. I plan to purchase a T/S from him but am waiting to sell one before I buy.

potchak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Cool, thx, once the deal goes through I will post how it goes.

Lee55

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Ocean Club,
Marriott Aruba Surf Club,
& Marriott Grande Vista
potchak

We are working with Samuel at this time. I called him a few months back, told him what we wanted. He called back several times with different offers. He found a price we were willing to pay in this market.

He's been helpful and good to work with. He was able to answer all my questions. He knows the TS business. No pressure. We had a couple small issues with the escrow company, some of the paperwork they received from the owner was not original, just copies. This caused some delay. Now we are just waiting on Marriott to send us the final recorded transfer paperwork.

Duke fan?:hi:

Howiereed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Ocean Club, Marriott Willow Grove
I have had ongoing conversations with Samuel and i
feel he is ethical and knows the timeshare resale market.

potchak

TUG Member
Reaction score
I told him what I wanted a couple of days ago and gave him our final price yesterday, and he found a unit for us by 3 pm.

2travelinggoatz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how long it takes to hear from Samuel after first contact through their website, Sellingtimeshares.net? Also, does Seth Nock not work on resales anymore? I had originally written to Seth through their 'Contact" link and was referred to Samuel, which is fine, but just wondering if anyone knows how long it takes. And how does one contact Seth Nock directly? ;-)

Last edited:

TXTortoise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui OC Lahaina Fixed (3+)
Kauai Waiohai
Vail Streamside Birch
Touch base with Syed at AdvantageVacations.com and Magical Realty in Florida. All of these guys have a great rep and pretty much match buyers and sellers of both weeks and points from the same pool of listings.

My experience has been with Syed(outstanding service), but did due diligence with the others when I was buying.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
Sam Rodriguez and Seth Nock (and Sellingtimeshares.net) have been around for many years
(maybe two decades), and their reputations are stellar.
I sought Sam out for two resale purchases in the last 5+ years,
and both went very smoothly and quickly.

He also recently sold a Marriott week to friends of mine who were referred to him by me,
and they are thrilled to begin their timeshare journey.....lowest price I've seen, great service, & closing is imminent.

I knew about him long before I decided to purchase, and all those who dealt with him during that time were pleased.
He and Seth have been well-known around the TUG boards since the late 90s.
Both are honest, hard-working, and very timely in their responses.
If they don't have exactly what you're looking for, they'll find it.

Sam stays busy, so if he doesn't answer right away, try calling him.....he's always gotten back to me
within a day or two at the most. He has a family and a life too, but I know he will take care of everyone the best he can.

He's as reliable as anyone I've ever heard of in the business, very worthy of any accolades he receives,
and I recommend him without reservation. Ditto for Seth.

Last edited:

johnf0614

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just worked with Sam on my Harbour Lake purchase. No issues in communicating. He was pleasant to work with and extremely knowledgeable. Smooth and very quick transaction too

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau
I do have a concern when SELLING through them. I sold a Maui week a few years ago and Seth told me I should list it at a certain amount, that I would never be able to sell it through Marriott Resales at the price they were asking. I listed it through Marriott Resales and it sold in a week. My net proceeds after the 40% Marriott commission was well in excess of the price Seth told me he would be able to list it at.

I would have no hesitation to work with them if I were BUYING, however.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
There are very nice reviews here. I have heard mixed things privately as well as experienced some mixed things so I have hesitated to work with them.