• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sale on Alaska Cruises

Fern Modena

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
(I have no affiliation with this other than providing info)

If you are a previous Princess Cruises cruiser, they are now running a 2 for 1 pricing on their Alaska Cruises, Alaska Cruisetours, and European Cruises for this summer. It appears it is only available by calling Princess direct. We had originally been booked for a balcony at about $1300. each (including taxes and insurance). We cancelled and rebooked today. We are now paying $1006. for an AA Catagory Mini Suite, and its exactly midship. Pretty good, IMHO. The sail date is early in the season, May 17th, but it suits us well.

Fern

Mimi39

TUG Member
Reaction score
We're booked for a Scandinavian/Russia cruise for August, booked with cruise.com. A month or so ago I noticed that the price had gone down and the TA got us the lower price. Can I get a lower price again if I call Princess direct or should I check with the TA? We took the Alaska cruise last Sept. and it was great, especially the Tracy Arm - Sawyer Glacier segment.

Fern Modena

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Check with your agent, but it may be for new bookings only. However it never hurts to try. You can't call Princess direct if you use an agent, they will not help. They don't want to compete with your agent.

We've done this cruise twice before, but there's nothing like Tracy Arm, is there?

Fern

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Time to cruise!

I don't think it's just Alaska cruises that are on sale. We just booked a San Diego- Mexican Riviera 7-night balcony on Holland America for waaay under $100pp/day.

With all the economic doom and gloom- real and promoted by media- those who feel like parting with a few bucks can strike some great bargains. Travel and autos come to mind.

Jim Ricks

isisdave

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Waiohai
There are some 14-to-16 day South American -- Buenos Aires to Santiago -- cruises leaving later this month or February for as little as $58 a night (inside). I can barely stay home for that much. Retail airfare is about another $1000 but usually it's cheaper if you book through the cruise line.

Mimi39

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Fern!

I checked the Princess website and sure enough the price had gone down considerably on our Scandinavia/Russia cruise. I e-mailed our TA and she was able to get us the new rate.

Alaska -- after the ship turned at the Sawyer Glacier and started back the Tracy Arm we went up to Skywalkers Lounge -- fabulous view all the way out and warmer than staying on deck!