• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Royal Sands maintenance fees for 2009

Lenora

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone got a bill yet for their 2009 maintenance fees? I haven't received my bill yet and called to see what the amount was so I could pay it. I was told 929.00 less the early discount 899.00. That seems like a HUGE increase from 807.00 with early discount = 777.00 for the 2008 year.

sbfrench

Reaction score
You can rent for less than you can own, that's why we sold ours.

buceo

Reaction score
I guess I have to say "thanks for the information", but I almost wish I hadn't read that. That is really lousy news. In the winter they still rent for about twice that, but it used to be 2.5 times the MF. Time for a cocktail.

islander222

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is a letter about club service fees on the Royal Resorts website. You can find it in the Members' News Section. It says "Important information from Richard Corso, Chief Operating Officer of Royal Resorts. Oct 27, 2008
Please click here to access the information."

Fees will be increasing from 9% to 21%. (Approximately US $17 per night, per villa) Details will be published next week for each resort.

jschmidt

Reaction score
I'm glad I only own at the Royal Mayan. It has 5 years left! Then it’s, ADIOS timeshare OWNING and HELLO timeshare RENTING. :p

I can't imagine what the maintenance fees at the Royal Sands and Royal Haciendas will be when they have 5 years left on their trust. But, I would bet they will be in the thousands for a week.

It appears to me, that from an economic standpoint, timesharing may be on its last leg. :eek: There is one property close to Playa del Carmen, on the Caribbean side of the highway, where they are building 2,000 private fulltime residence villas that they plan to sell to U.S.A. citizens and anyone else who can afford them. I think this is the new wave.

The dollar is in good shape against the peso. We were getting between 12.3 and 12.8 pesos for a dollar last week.

buceo

Reaction score
I'm glad I only own at the Royal Mayan. It has 5 years left! Then it’s, ADIOS timeshare OWNING and HELLO timeshare RENTING. :p

When we bought Royals in '03, after almost 30years in the ts business, their MF's seemed okay. I'm going to hope in another 30years, relatively speaking, they still seem okay. So far members haven't posted many comments on several sites I watch, which may actually be good news. They're overall accepting of the higher fees?

But jschmidt, I'll forward you our rental page :) in case you start renting, absolutely a great way to go!

MLC

TUG Member
Reaction score
I rent 23 Royal weeks that are from Christmas to week 16 and I have never had a problem renting them. MF went to $899 on most of the Royals. I do not understand the increase. I own Marriott and the last 2 years we have had double digit increase in MF and I thought that would effect their sales. I guess time will tell.

Have a great day.

urban5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Cancun
Royal Mayan MF 2009

Got the Royal Mayan MF bill today of $899 an increase of 10.6% from last years $813.

Mike&Nancy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Royal Hacienda MF

Just rec's my Royal Hacienda MF for 2009. Its $892.00, breaks down as Service fee 795.54 taxes 95.46 employee emergency fund 1.00

Mike