• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Royal Holiday

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone had experience with the Royal Holiday system? They seem to have resorts all over the world including some ski weeks in Colorado. Maintenance fees seems to be on the high side but was wondering if it's hard to get a reservation for peak weeks in the US (such as week 51-52 in ski resorts) in this system and if these weeks can be rented. Many of the resorts I see in their system also sold fixed weeks so I'm wondering how far in advance you can book these weeks and what kind of availability you'd have. Looks like lot of people are trying to give their Royal Holiday memberships away.

Last edited:

MaryH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone had experience with the Royal Holiday system? They seem to have resorts all over the world including some ski weeks in Colorado. Maintenance fees seems to be on the high side but was wondering if it's hard to get a reservation for peak weeks in the US (such as week 51-52 in ski resorts) in this system and if these weeks can be rented. Many of the resorts I see in their system also sold fixed weeks so I'm wondering how far in advance you can book these weeks and what kind of availability you'd have. Looks like lot of people are trying to give their Royal Holiday memberships away.

Hi Robert,

I bought RHC in 2005 and combined about 4 contracts for 90K points. I have made it work for me but I used to live in Europe and this is one of the few programs that allow me to book cities easily like London, SF, Paris, etc.

RHC has had a habit of increasing fees and have had 1 special assessment. Their NYC locations are far reduced and as of 2012 they now charge $60 / night in some properties in NYC, Maimi, London, Paris, etc. that is in addition to the city taxes in NYC that is around $50 a night. I think they also introduced a much higher transfer fee that makes it very difficult to get out of it later. It is a RTU for up to 30 years so it may end up being an obligation you don't want to have.

They don't actually own a lot of the resorts except some of the ones in Mexico but contract for hotel rooms and some TS. They might own a few intervals at a few resorts. London Allen House is likely to disappear in 2014 when the RTU they seem to own expires. There had been some increases in the points required for some locations too when contracts come up for renewal or exchange rate moved a lot.

I honestly think it would been very difficult to book a week 51 or week 52 at a ski resort since it is conditional on
1. the resort is making it available to RHC with peak times like that would be owned and not in excess inventory pool.
2. If they had it, like only 1 week each and you have all the RHC owners competing for it.
3. if points contract holiday times are a lot more points
4. not sure if weeks contract can book holiday weeks or would require an upcharge.

The availability in advance varies from from resort to resort and RHC could not or would not tell you when availability for a particular resort is likely to topen so you just have to keep calling and build up some experience when they are likely to have availability for next year which also depend on what time you are looking for next year.

I am trying to use the last of my points and having difficulty in booking places I would like to go.. They keep saying no availability in some of the places I am checking.

I suggest you search Royal Holiday or RHC since there are some discussions before.

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Do you remember what it costs to combine points from different contracts? I assume if you just own a points membership (and not weeks) that you don't have to worry about special assessments?

MaryH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do you remember what it costs to combine points from different contracts? I assume if you just own a points membership (and not weeks) that you don't have to worry about special assessments?

The SA was for both points and weeks. Points had different SA level depending on how many points you own and weeks depend of the size of the fixed or floating week.

Cannot remember but if you search on RHC or Royal Holiday, I think we discussed it on TUG before...

I can foresee where RHC would become less and less useful but it is still less expansive then owning Powell Place SF and some other locations I like to own directly.