• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Royal Cancun Questions??

jyager

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
We will be staying at the Royal Cancun in a few weeks thru a trade with II. It is a 2 bedroom, 2 bath unit. It looks like our unit # is C1151 according to our II confirmation. My questions--1. Is this a decent unit/location?? How about a view, noise, etc.?? 2. Will I get the unit assigned on the II confirmation?? 3. If this is not a good location/unit what is the best way to request a different unit?? 4. How far is the resort from the downtown area?? 5. Any specific restaurants/bars that we should try?? I do love GOOD street tacos!! Any other suggestions would be appreciated!! Thanks!!

Phydeaux

TUG Member
Reaction score
We will be staying at the Royal Cancun in a few weeks thru a trade with II. It is a 2 bedroom, 2 bath unit. It looks like our unit # is C1151 according to our II confirmation. My questions--1. Is this a decent unit/location?? Go to the Royal Resorts web site, and view the Resort map to determine for yourself how you like the location. Looks OK to me. Here's the link: http://royalresorts.com/club-internacional.asp
How about a view, noise, etc.?? Can't help you here, other than suggest the Royal Cancun is undoubtedly the most 'relaxed' of all the Royals. I doubt you'll have a problem with noise.

2. Will I get the unit assigned on the II confirmation?? 3. If this is not a good location/unit what is the best way to request a different unit?? You may, you may not. Refer to other RR thread. Ask for a a different unit.

4. How far is the resort from the downtown area?? Download Google Earth, and measure distance. While you're at it, explore what the area looks like on Streetview. Know what the resort and surroundings look like before you even arrive. Here's a preview for you:
royalcancun-1.jpg

5. Any specific restaurants/bars that we should try?? I do love GOOD street tacos!! Any other suggestions would be appreciated!! Thanks!! Explore downtown. Great on a Sunday afternoon. Get off the beaten path. The area is safe. Have a great time.

Last edited:

jyager

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Any Royal Cancun owners that have stayed in this part of the resort?? Thanks!!

KarenLK

TUG Member
Reaction score
Your view will be not the best, but not the worst. I have stayed near there before. Not a real pool or ocean view, but not horrible, and not facing the street.

jschmidt

Reaction score
Your unit (C1151) is in Building 11 on the fifth floor and actually the master bedroom is on the sixth floor. The “C” units have two bathroom and two floors. The “B” units have one bathroom and everything is on one floor.

Your view will be of Bayo Mujeres and Isla Mujeres and one of the pools. You will be able to see over the buildings between your villa and the bay. The water colors in the bay are fantastic! It’s a great location.

Note: There are no “Ocean Views” available in Cancun, because there are no oceans within several hundred miles. :D

KarenLK

TUG Member
Reaction score
I will be there all of March. It is a busier season than January, for example. In March there may not be as much leeway to move people around.

Carta

TUG Member
Reaction score
There's an Italian restaurant a short walk away.. Next to Casa Maya Resort.. Right by the GIGANTIC Mexican flag... Can't remember name..Not fancy; but good food...